DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank X - May 19, 2019

12 hours ago, Godfrey said:

If the tag titles go between all rosters, does Carmella have to be on the same brand as Naomi to challenge? It's probably a bad idea to have your champs carry feuds single-handedly on their respective shows but there's nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't play basketball, you know?

Hopefully at least one time, inter-brand challengers/champions becomes a thing.

Setting up a mixed-brand team for a "One Time/One Chance Only"* title bout would be a fun way to play with it, especially if they were better about keeping brand division strict and wanted to make touring/traveling champions feel special.

Conversely, they could have a babyface championship team get split up by the brand draft and then they'd be forced to keep winning to stay together and/or would be guaranteed to never* get a rematch so it'd be more poignant when they lost [and in retrospect this is absolutely what they should've done with Boss&Hug]

2 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

I really would love for the IIconics to keep losing non-title matches and singles matches only to have a long run of weasel wins in PPV title matches.

Their gimmick all but demands they be booked exactly this way.

The Honky Tonk Women?

• Like 3

After a while, they should even lean into the trope and throw a non-title match against the Brooklyn Belles [for example] so that they can defend on PPV against a tomato can instead of Asuka/Kairi or whichever legit contender they'd be ducking at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OctopusCinema said:

I really would love for the IIconics to keep losing non-title matches and singles matches only to have a long run of weasel wins in PPV title matches.

Like London and Kendrick, but making logical sense?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

Bingo, it's the exact same way Alexa should have been booked when she was champ instead of winning decisively and killing the heat of everyone she beat.

• Like 1

I thought 7 was their usual number and last year was the only year where it had been 8.  

edit:  nevermind there basically is no "normal" number.  Looking on Wikipedia I see ones of 6, 7 and 8 so conceivably that could be real.  

Edited by CSC

because of the brand split it is 4 from each side - hence the 8

Also - Andrade challenged Finn to an IC Title match on social media so him doing that would seem to keep him out of the MITB match

Add Sheamus in so we get The Bar running riot over the whole match to start with.

Then Cesaro climbs & Sheamus watches his back because they are still friends & Sheamus wants to see his buddy win a world title.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 1

Legit happy for Dana Brooke. She seems like a lovely person who has worked hard to get better. She won’t win, but it’s a cool thing for her that she is in this match. I hate it for Ruby Riott, though, especially since I thought she’d be a good choice to win...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, just drew said:

Legit happy for Dana Brooke. She seems like a lovely person who has worked hard to get better. She won’t win, but it’s a cool thing for her that she is in this match. I hate it for Ruby Riott, though, especially since I thought she’d be a good choice to win...

Agreed on both. Always glad to see Dana get any opportunity as she always seemed disappointed during times she wasn't being used at all, but just wanting a chance.

As soon as they announced the guys, I knew it was a mortal fucking lock that Drew is walking out with the briefcase.   I am looking forward to Ricochet and Ali trying to kill themselves from 20' in the air.

My guess is he'd cash in (assuming it's either champ) on Kofi in Saudi Arabia.  

The women's one is much more wide open.   I'd guess Alexa is the solid favorite, with Naomi being second.  Though I could make a compelling case for at least 5 of them. 

21 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Agreed on both. Always glad to see Dana get any opportunity as she always seemed disappointed during times she wasn't being used at all, but just wanting a chance.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see her get taken out by Riott or a returning Banks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As soon as they announced the guys, I knew it was a mortal fucking lock that Drew is walking out with the briefcase.   I am looking forward to Ricochet and Ali trying to kill themselves from 20' in the air.

My guess is he'd cash in (assuming it's either champ) on Kofi in Saudi Arabia.  

The women's one is much more wide open.   I'd guess Alexa is the solid favorite, with Naomi being second.  Though I could make a compelling case for at least 5 of them. 

I would guess there's no chance Alexa wins 2 years in a row. I lean towards Ember or Naomi, since only heel women have won it so far.

Drew's one of the few interesting options in the mens one, so I hope he wins. As pointed out in other threads, I hate the whole 'guys thrown in MITB despite being on losing streaks' being done here (Ali hasn't won a singles match on TV this year). I would dig Andrade, but was hoping they were going with him challenging for the IC.

Early calls - 

Ali wins the men's match. Turns Heel on Kofi to cash in. Not sure when exactly this happens but the "You stole MY spot" story writes itself. Every chance he loses the cash in but wins the title for a short run later on. Or just floats back to the midcard ala Nakamura and Rusev...

Mandy Rose wins the women's match. They have been building her slowly and she has flirted with getting the title a couple of times. I think she takes the case all the way through this year, possibly into Mania.

I know they don't let the women wrestle in Saudi Arabia but how fucking awesome/evil would it be to have Mandy come out with the case, dressed in street clothes, and demand to cash in her contract  knowing that Becky didn't make the flight. Shane awarding her the title by forfeit would be insane.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If Mandy wins, Corey will be 1999 Lawler levels of lecherous creep. 

Between Mandy and Alexa, he's already not that far off.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1