DVDVR Message Board

Is anyone else experiencing hyper-lag?

Contentious C

The board's been agonizingly slow for me lately, on multiple computers.  Even opening the BN/F subforum itself took longer than a dehydrated octogenarian at a urinal.  Is it just me?  Have I stumbled into some Kafkaesque fever dream?  Again?

I haven't been having any problems on multiple devices so I am not sure why you are having issues

I did run some security updates this morning so that might clean some stuff up on the board end.

You also might want to look at your settings and see if there are things you can choose to help (like turning off signatures always seems to help with load times)

I keep getting the 'Someone liked your post' noise over and over again. But it's one like chiming six times, not six likes.

I've had sigs off for a long time.  It's better...ish.  But there's still a sizable lag in terms of trying to post or edit, and now, instead of the subforums taking forever and a day to load, it's the threads themselves that have a delay.  But it's not quite the "Did my Windows 95 computer just lock up?" sense of disaster that it was a few days ago.

EDIT: Posting this took no time.  There was a security update on my end at work today; maybe it helped. *shrug*

Edited by Contentious C

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Craig H said:

The board seems to be running very slowly again.

Yes

In the past, it has been on the host server's side

But that doesn't also mean the board isn't fucked

There's an issue in the routing somewhere (along with forwhatever reason the traffic taking a detour through Germany), and a couple of the hops are timing out so there's the bottleneck.  It's one of those "we got to deal with it until wherever the traffic is stuck clears out" deals.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 8:39 AM, RIPPA said:

Yes

In the past, it has been on the host server's side

But that doesn't also mean the board isn't fucked

I don’t know if this is an issue that was resolved or not, but it’s just started being really bad for me on phone in the last couple of days.

5 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I don’t know if this is an issue that was resolved or not, but it’s just started being really bad for me on phone in the last couple of days.

It had gotten better for a bit but the last 24 hours have been shitty again.

Legit only in the last 20 minutes has it started normally working for me again.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, Raziel said:

There's an issue in the routing somewhere (along with forwhatever reason the traffic taking a detour through Germany), and a couple of the hops are timing out so there's the bottleneck.  It's one of those "we got to deal with it until wherever the traffic is stuck clears out" deals.

HEY! I just taught myself how to check this! (Every other IT person or non-computer idiot rolls their eyes now). (Side tangent - still getting time outs in the middle).

I have Monday and Tuesday off so I will probably submit a ticket to Inmotion then since their own support site says to report it if it the time outs are a consistent problem.

• 3 weeks later...