DVDVR Message Board

Is anyone else experiencing hyper-lag?

Contentious C

For whatever reason, CloudFlare's load balancer likes to change the route to the board and send it through Europe so for most US people, the route jumps the Trans-Atlantic line twice.  There also happens to be a bottleneck on that route somewhere that throttles the traffic so that's our latency.  Who decided to route a server sitting in a Data Center in Colorado through Germany, I don't know.  

34 minutes ago, Raziel said:

For whatever reason, CloudFlare's load balancer likes to change the route to the board and send it through Europe so for most US people, the route jumps the Trans-Atlantic line twice.  There also happens to be a bottleneck on that route somewhere that throttles the traffic so that's our latency.  Who decided to route a server sitting in a Data Center in Colorado through Germany, I don't know.  

I am assuming it is the person who wants me to pay for CloudFlare's premium services

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Casey said:

So is this an issue for anyone else again? Not terribly bad on my laptop, maybe a minute or two - but it's especially slow to load on my iPhone.

Yes. I'm on desktop, running Windows 10 and using the latest FireFox, and my gods it's been awful since early this morning.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use tablet to browse most of the time at home. Mobile ever so often, but both have been so slow for a good while now, I'm about to lose my shit. Not like I've had the time to read anything at work, anyways, but especially not if loading a page takes half the time I take to eat my lunch (which takes about 15 minutes, tops, but still). I understand my phone is ancient, so slow goes with the territory, but trying to read this board at home is becoming quite irritating. Funnily enough, replying seems to work just fine.

• 5 months later...