DVDVR Message Board

2019 Summer Blockbuster Movie Pool

S.K.o.S.

Paco now has an entire DVD shelf consisting of nothing but the prizes he's won from this pool.

I am bitter.  I will go and see if Best Buy has a copy of Blade of the Immortal.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Question: I just got my prize in the mail, but the copy of "Border" was Region 2. 

What DVD players would play the disk? (Have a XBox, XBO, PS2, and PS4 for DVD players set up.) 

This is my bad.  Bought it off Amazon.com and didn't realize it was a region 2 disc.  I definitely pay attention to the region when I'm sending prizes to Natural in the UK, but I just assumed that the US Amazon site would only be selling dvds that could be played in the US.

If you can't play it, or need to go way out of your way to play it, let me know and I'll see if I can get you something else.  It looks like Amazon.ca has a region 1 Blu-ray copy available.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Just wanted to drop an extra line to thank @S.K.o.S. double. Got the replacement disk in the mail yesterday. 

Hope you enjoy it.  I went in knowing next to nothing (like, not even what the main character looks like) and ended up loving it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

MOAR ANALYTICS~!

Anya Taylor-Joy has the distinction of having a role in both of the movies that were Adjustment Bureaued for this pool:  Playmobil: The Movie and The New Mutants.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey, the Playmobil movie finally hit theaters.  It performed... poorly.

https://theplaylist.net/playmobil-frozen-2-box-office-20191208/

While even in its third weekend, “Frozen II” continued to dominate the box office, posting a $34.7 million three-day domestic total. That’s not some record-breaking amount of cash, but it was enough to send the STX film “Playmobil” straight into the dumpster, as that film debuted all the way down at the #14 spot with a domestic total of $660,000. Nope, I didn’t miss a comma. Six hundred and sixty thousand dollars over its three-day opening.

According to Box Office Mojo, the opening of “Playmobil” is the third-worst opening ever for a film that debuted in over 2,000 theaters. The only films to do worse than this animated film are “Delgo” ($511,920) and “The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure” ($443,901).

• Like 3