DVDVR Message Board

2019 Summer Blockbuster Movie Pool

S.K.o.S.

9 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

UPDATE 12 OF 21 - through July 25

Standings

1 [ 2] JRGoldman - 24 points (14/10, tiebreak 0.427)
2 [ 3] The Z - 30 points (12/18, tiebreak n/a)
3 [ 5] West Newbury Bad Boy - 32 points (12/20, tiebreak 0.441)
4 [ 6] SorceressKnight - 32 points (16/16, tiebreak n/a)
5 [ 1] Paco - 34 points (14/20, tiebreak 0.055)

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

So is Stevie Ray in the back in total King Conan brooding mode.

According to Stevie, he wasn't even listening to his brother. He was focusing on trying to remember what he was going to say. That's why he totally no sold it.

• Thanks 2

Damn. I was about to say "what if there was a thought bubble above his head"... if there was, it consisted entirely of his next words. 

Now I want to know what Booker said after he turned away. (And needless to say, Sherri never looked better. Good lord...)

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

Damn. I was about to say "what if there was a thought bubble above his head"... if there was, it consisted entirely of his next words. 

Now I want to know what Booker said after he turned away. (And needless to say, Sherri never looked better. Good lord...)

He was thinking "I'm gonna get fired" (Booker thought Hogan was going to lobby to get him fired which is ironic given what would later happen to Hogan), but I think he clearly said "I fucked up.." because you can kinda make out Sherri finishing his thought and mouthing "...bad". And if anyone knows about fucking up in WCW at that time, it would have been Sherri since she was showing up at tapings completely and utterly fucked up on alcohol and pills. This makes that infamous moment even better because that little bomb dropped by Booker sobered her right the fuck up then and there.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, SorceressKnight said:

Lion King is a CGI-fest with the same plot and classic. For all intents and purposes, it's just...the same movie, just a fuckton uglier. It's that stupid "Psycho" shot-for-shot remake in a cartoon version.

FTFY

So this is interesting. Days ago, after revealing that the Chadwick Boseman-starrer 21 Bridges got moved from September 27 to Thanksgiving weekend by STX, Deadline heard from a reliable source that another imminent STX release, Playmobil, would move from its August 30 slot. The source said the reason was that STX was pooling its limited resources to fund the P&A for the Jennifer Lopez-Constance Wu-Cardi B film Hustlers, which opens September 13 and might be a winner for the distributor. The sources said STx didn’t have the cash flow to wide release another film in that corridor. We were told by STX the film wasn’t moving, and that STX had plenty of money and wasn’t even putting up all the P&A. And that this was an extension of the recent negative untrue stories that STX was cash strapped and searching for funds.

Days later, STX has indeed moved Playmobil out of September 30, to December 6. This is among a spate of release calendar moves that include setting the Guy Ritchie-directed The Gentlemen for January 24 release. STX also moved the Pete Segal-directed Dave Bautista-starrer My Spy to January 10.

The distributor continues to deny that limited funds had anything to do with the Playmobil move.