DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Best of Super Juniors 26

Raziel

Ospreay vs. Eagles was awesome. I don't think it's a stretch saying that was Robbie's best match in New Japan. I'm really looking forward to an Eagles/ELP feud. I want tag matches with Eagles/Ospreay vs. ELP/Ishimori.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:35 PM, lostinube said:

TAKA is hurt so his match tonight with Dragon Lee is off (auto points for Lee) and the card goes from 10 to 9 matches.

He's off the rest of the tournament as well, so Scurll and Kanemaru pick up forfeit wins. Shame with the latter as I was looking forward to the inter-faction battle...

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Juice's secret opponent has been revealed for the finals.

Reveal hidden contents

The Union Jack on the jacket was a nice way to throw people off. Most people probably thought it was somebody British or a Japanese wrestler returning from a UK excursion.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Union Jack on the jacket was a nice way to throw people off. Everyone here probably thought it was somebody British or a Japanese wrestler returning from a UK excursion.

FTFY ?

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

Match graphic:

Hide contents

iwgp.jpg

IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship on the line.

Badass we are going to get a little bit of Moxley in NJPW at least. Hope we get a few dream matches like this. Honestly, wouldn't surprise me if Moxley wins.

• Like 2

I feel like the debuting guys always win these matches.  But the politics here could get interesting.  While AEW is cool with their guys wrestling for NJPW overseas, I’m not sure how cool they would be with Ambrose headlining New Japan shows in the US.  And their US Champ has always been central to their strategy in the US.  Can’t see AEW signing off on Ambrose at the G-1 show in Dallas.  But who knows.

Edited by EVA

On May 27, 2019 at 10:57 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Union Jack on the jacket was a nice way to throw people off. Most people probably thought it was somebody British or a Japanese wrestler returning from a UK excursion.

Well I for one would have taken literally anyone on the British indy scene over what we are getting. Or US indy scene...or Mexico, Brazil, the Congo...yeesh anyone but this d-bag.

14 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Badass we are going to get a little bit of Moxley in NJPW at least. Hope we get a few dream matches like this. Honestly, wouldn't surprise me if Moxley wins.

I think he's winning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quackhell said:

Well I for one would have taken literally anyone on the British indy scene over what we are getting. Or US indy scene...or Mexico, Brazil, the Congo...yeesh anyone but this d-bag.

Wow...did Mox piss in your cornflakes or something? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest The Magnificent 7
1 hour ago, quackhell said:

Just stating an informed opinion. 

Are you going to make us ask you?

I’d rather skip the “trust me” back and forth part so if you know a taxi driver whose uncle knows a guy just come out with it. 

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Mox in the G1 would be pretty cool.

What singles match in the past 8 years would point to Moxley in the G1 being good?

• Like 1

I think a motivated Mox with a bunch fresh opponents has the potential to bring some buzz to the G1 on this side of the ocean and with will probably be treated as a big deal in Japan. Plus he would probably help the Dallas show move some tickets.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 1

I think this super juniors tournament has demonstrated the importance of variety, and Moxley has a lot of experience working a 15 minute tv match style that could work well in a tournament. I still don’t expect (or really want) him to be in it, but there would be reason for optimism.