DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Best of Super Juniors 26

Raziel

Didn’t Juice just sign a multi year deal? He’s probably penciled into be a bigger deal going forward and maintain being one of the top foreign talents and probably be the top US talent once Mox focuses on AEW

6 hours ago, Sublime said:

Didn’t Juice just sign a multi year deal? He’s probably penciled into be a bigger deal going forward and maintain being one of the top foreign talents and probably be the top US talent once Mox focuses on AEW

My guess would be that Mox/Juice II will be Mox's last match in NJPW.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So I finally managed to watch shows that I previously skipped due to lack of time and here are some of my additional thoughts on the entire thing:

I was not really impressed by the new guys. Bandido and Gresham are solid and I watch them in RoH, but I didn't feel like they did something here that would warrant another tour in 2020. NJPW has continued using Douki as a pin eater with Taka gone (or them not wanting to work with Taka) and he does have this "raw energy" about him that you don't see in most of NJPW's wrestlers. But really, I don't want him out of those multiman matches, he can stay there.

Titan had couple of botched endings, or at least it looked like that. That was very weird to me since from what I have seen with him he is always solid good wrestler.

Taguchi/Ishimori title match is one of my favourite matches this year and at the time I felt like it killed Taguchi as a serious threat. And he didn't really have memorable matches this tournament nor did he feel like a good opponent for Ospreay in semi-finals. On the other block Shingo/Ishimori did have that big fight feel that this lacked. So yeah, I think it is about time to move him to dad status.

This is not entirely about the tournament, but I loved the inclusion of RevPro's title here. It gave something for juniors to do after Dominion that weren't fighting Ospreay. As long as RevPro is happy as being position as the lower tier promotion then I hope that it is in the tournament next year as well.

Was somewhat surprised that Yoh ended up with more points than Sho, felt it should have been the reverse.

I never really cared much about Rocky, but he completely changed my opinion this year with a great run in BotSJ.