DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Best of Super Juniors 26

Raziel

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Does New Japan have strict no blade policy too like the WWE? Moxley was clearly potatoing Juice to get more color during that match.

Naito did that monster blade job when Jericho clocked him with the ring bell before their first match. 

4 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Naito did that monster blade job when Jericho clocked him with the ring bell before their first match. 

More accurately, Red Shoes did a monster blade job on Naito before the first Jericho match. So Id say the office is okay with it.

• Like 1

I'm loving the build to the split between Robbie Eagles and Bullet Club. I can't for Eagles/Ospreay vs.ELP/Ishimori at some point.

I watched Moxley/Juice and Shingo/Ospreay first; now I'm working my way through the rest of the card. 

die ospreay die. good final tho

I didn't realize how absolutely starved for a Jay White singles match I was.  I don't know if it was his best match ever but it was the cleanest execution of his style of psychology I've seen laid to film. 

Moxley naysayers can bite it, he looked good. Motivated. Clearly he wants to do this Terry Funk thing, I'm fine with it, we have enough high-tension kickout artists so why not let him be something different? Carried himself with a certain poise that I equally attribute to being a former WWE Champion in his athletic prime + a guy who just had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. He looked big, too.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

7 hours ago, Raziel said:

I gotta check, are we still not accepting that Jay White is actually good?  Because he's actually good.

Jay's the best trueborn NJ wrestler since Okada.

21 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Moxley looked great.  Him and Juice was a damn fine brawl.   I loved everything about Shingo/Ospreay except the finish;  I'd rather see 10-0 and the streak continue than Will win his now 3rd Super Juniors?  Fun show. 

Haven't watched either yet. More interested in Mox/Juice. Wrong guy won the NJPW Best of the Super Juniors 26 tournament. Shingo should've.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Moxley vs. Robinson was such a great fight. When he's motivated, Moxley is so damn great. Imagine if the WWE just let him change up his look a little and even do a tenth of that. But as for Shingo/Ospreay...God what a match. I think Will Ospreay won't be happy unless he actually comes close to dying in the ring.

9 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Does New Japan have strict no blade policy too like the WWE? Moxley was clearly potatoing Juice to get more color during that match.

They do, at least I've heard it mentioned by someone (I think Omega).   Omega had to get special permission to blade during the Jericho attack last year.  Naito might have gotten the same.

The three big singles tonight were all great for entirely different reasons and I love it, even if my preference is more towards Jay/Tana-styled matches.  Saying it's the best of night is saying you prefer great pork to great steak or great fish.  They're all great, just what you want.

I'm wondering if this leads to a Dark Juice, or an anti-American Juice.  Then again I'm really worried NJPW is going to give up on the US market completely and just do UK/Aus/NZ instead.

Edited by alstein

16 hours ago, Pete said:

I cracked up for Jay two-sweeting Gino after he took out Tanahashi on the floor. Has Gino done anything with BC since they announced him last year? Or is it some weird Australia-only BC?

He was at the block party, but nothing really ever even here in Aus. He joined at one of the MCW shows before last year's. Australia tour but then nothing after. He does touch on it a bit in the NJPW podcast though and he does have his own Bullet Club logo (just no t-shirt). 

He's okay on commentary, nothing special. I just find it so strange hearing him on though. 

he was in at least one of the WK Battle Royals as well.

Just thought of something- does the NJPW Roster hate DOUKI because of all the botches during BOSJ?  No one caught him on that dive tonight.  Kinda wouldn't blame the roster- he just about killed 2-3 folks with botches over the tour, esp Phantasmo.

Edited by alstein

“I speak the language of violence!” 

Fuckin’ awesome. But yeah, let’s shove him aside so Seth Rollins can drone on endlessly about how he loves the business. Sorry. I’m done doing that, I promise.

you know Triple H had to be watching that like...”fuck.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alstein said:

he was in at least one of the WK Battle Royals as well.

Just thought of something- does the NJPW Roster hate DOUKI because of all the botches during BOSJ?  No one caught him on that dive tonight.  Kinda wouldn't blame the roster- he just about killed 2-3 folks with botches over the tour, esp Phantasmo.

You know watching that spot I see why nobody caught him. Minoru Suzuki was right in the fucking middle. He was probably like “Hold the fuck on. I ain’t taking that shit with my bad neck.”, and proceeded to move.

• Like 1

Seeing Moxley not only come out as an insta-star but have that kind of match and win the title must have been 100 kinds of vindication for him.  I'm insanely happy for the guy and really loved his brawn with Juice.  Also really loved White/Tana and agree that White has improved tremendously since I last saw him.  And I didn't have a preference in who won BOSJ final but Ospreay looked fantastic and seems worthy of being champion.  Plus I would like to see him against Dragon Lee as that has the makings of a classic.

• Like 1