DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Firefly Funhouse - 4/22/2019

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I haven't seen RAW yet, I watch the Hulu one the next day. They gave it a name on the segment? Thing looked like a dragon in the bits leading up, given the smoke. 

Yes, it really is Mercy the Buzzard.

I guess "Adult Swim" infused creepy kids show host Bray has some potential.. but Bray's somebody who would twist any sort of gimmick like that. If they suggested a motivational speaker, Bray would end up doing things that would get accused of stealing from WFMU's Hearty White. If Bray was tasked with a Varsity Club revival, he would end up doing the things that Sullivan implied were part of the original varsity club. And so on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

I guess "Adult Swim" infused creepy kids show host Bray has some potential.. but Bray's somebody who would twist any sort of gimmick like that. If they suggested a motivational speaker, Bray would end up doing things that would get accused of stealing from WFMU's Hearty White. If Bray was tasked with a Varsity Club revival, he would end up doing the things that Sullivan implied were part of the original varsity club. And so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bray came up with it. I would think it would lead to Bray brainwashing a new cult of followers, but I have no idea where WWE will take it. I mean, they pissed away sure fire gold with the Wyatt Family, so I'm going into this with no expectations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope Cesaro eventually gets a new theme and new gear and drops everything associated with The Bar.

Yeah, it''s really weird for Cesaro to come out to the Celtic influenced theme music. I thought it was just a screwup and someone teed up the wrong track, but they played it again after the match.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bray came up with it. I would think it would lead to Bray brainwashing a new cult of followers, but I have no idea where WWE will take it. I mean, they pissed away sure fire gold with the Wyatt Family, so I'm going into this with no expectations.

Ultimately, this is the big problem.

Like @Burgundy LaRue said, there is no in-between here. Either this gimmick is going to be the single greatest gimmick in wrestling history, or it's going to be the cringiest gimmick in wrestling history. 

I trust Bray Wyatt is the type of genius who can pull this off.

I do NOT trust WWE Creative to write it well enough to pull it off.

• Like 2

If they actually get behind Robert Roode, this will be the best, most glorious era of RAW ever.

He'll probably job back to Ricochet next week.

That Bray segment was something else. Man, I knew they were brothers and all, but with his hair pulled back, you can really tell Bray is Bo's brother.

Haven't they had significantly bigger than normal third hour drops every time they've advertised a Corbin main event?

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Haven't they had significantly bigger than normal third hour drops every time they've advertised a Corbin main event?

Probably. A company not run by Vince McMahon would have stopped putting Corbin in main events a long time ago. At least, he's not still taking up 1/3 of the show.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

When do they do the very special Firefly Funhouse episode addressing the real cause of Lars Sullivan's unprovoked attacks? That he is ashamed of uncontrollably shitting himself whenever he is aroused, anxious, or confused (in other words all waking hours) and lashing out at his fellow wrestlers is his way of regaining control over his life. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

When do they do the very special Firefly Funhouse episode addressing the real cause of Lars Sullivan's unprovoked attacks? That he is ashamed of uncontrollably shitting himself whenever he is aroused, anxious, or confused (in other words all waking hours) and lashing out at his fellow wrestlers is his way of regaining control over his life. 

Wasnt that last week's episode of Billions?

• Like 1