DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

Despite Chris they managed to downplay a lot of the darkness there. Good job. 

Sunshine was so goddamn beautiful, btw. Just a bright eyed country girl with natural talent. I would have loved to kick it all night with her and a bottle of Jimmy, just shooting the shit... or have her be by my side in a fight, for that matter. 

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Sunshine was so goddamn beautiful, btw. Just a bright eyed country girl with natural talent. I would have loved to kick it all night with her and a bottle of Jimmy, just shooting the shit... or have her be by my side in a fight, for that matter. 

Yes, but the question was how you felt about your relationship with your mother.

• Haha 1

There is a long list of zero mentions but the relative lack of attention paid to David and Kerry felt really weird even if there isn't likely much to say that hasn't already been said.

Definitely wins the award for most relevant panel.

Edited by Execproducer
  • Like 2

Only mentioning “tragedies” without details felt weird. 

like a lot of these, what they chose not to show in the episode is intriguing. It’s good viewing for the casual fan, but a knowledgeable fan is left wondering about their decisions.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:16 PM, Execproducer said:

There is a long list of zero mentions but the relative lack of attention paid to David and Kerry felt really weird even if there isn't likely much to say that hasn't already been said.

I'm guessing they went light on Von Erich content on account of having a whole DSOTR episode dedicated to them.

And why was Chavo on here, considering he didn't even debut until a few years after World Class ended.

8 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm guessing they went light on Von Erich content on account of having a whole DSOTR episode dedicated to them.

And why was Chavo on here, considering he didn't even debut until a few years after World Class ended.

I thought Chavo's perspective as someone whose family was working in/around World Class and who watched World Class growing up was reasonably fresh.. he was basically the panelist tasked with kinda keeping things moving, like how Jeff Jarrett was on the Memphis episodes.

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I actually watched that on a little portable DVD player on the counter at Kabuki's restaurant. Kabuki had the same take as me, pills and coke are bad. Kabuki takes credit for teaching the Road Warriors about the fine points of face painting.

This series is definitely Tales from the Territories, not History of the Territories. Just some guys that were there bullshitting with each other.

Another thing from this series is that I didn't realize that Mike Masters was Rocky Jones.

• Like 4

The best part for me wasnt a World Class moment which was that clip of the Birds in Memphis which had to be late 70s because I have NEVER seen Gordy with incredible long blond hair

Although Gordy running through the front window of service station because they were late on fixing his car and pissing all over the place sounds extremely Terry Gordy 😄

On 11/23/2022 at 9:08 PM, odessasteps said:

Why am I not surprised that David Manning took credit for the cage door angle?

and I think zero mentions of Gary Hart at all. 

I always love when they do they try to relive this from the non Gary Hart side and it is always Gordy slams the cage on Kerry and the match was over.  Yet there was a good 5 minutes of action after it

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

as far as wrestling stories go, 6'2" Nikita Koloff losing the Drago role for being too huge is something when you consider that Dolph Lundgren is 6'5"

Roided Nikita is much different than roided Dolph Lundgren though. His traps alone would be larger than Sly.