DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

The one big downside with cutting the cord is as of right now I don't have access to Viceland's shows.  So I'm hoping to find some way to catch them when the new season starts.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The one big downside with cutting the cord is as of right now I don't have access to Viceland's shows.  So I'm hoping to find some way to catch them when the new season starts.

They all eventually go up on Vice TV's website (Season 1 is all there now)

Plus I believe they will all be on Hulu if you have that

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They all eventually go up on Vice TV's website (Season 1 is all there now)

Plus I believe they will all be on Hulu if you have that

Thanks.  I don't have Hulu but I'm going to feel that itch to watch these as it airs.  But I'm sure I'll find a way to watch it in real time unless I can try being patient for once.

56 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thanks.  I don't have Hulu but I'm going to feel that itch to watch these as it airs.  But I'm sure I'll find a way to watch it in real time unless I can try being patient for once.

I cut the cord, too...what do you use for "regular-ass TV?"  Like if you want to watch USA or AMC or whatever?  I used to use Sling but I switched to Fubo (Sling was unreliable).  Both have Viceland and, if you have an Internet-only plan, are cheaper than having cable TV.

Edited by Technico Support

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I cut the cord, too...what do you use for "regular-ass TV?"  Like if you want to watch USA or AMC or whatever?  I used to use Sling but I switched to Fubo (Sling was unreliable).  Both have Viceland and, if you have an Internet-only plan, are cheaper than having cable TV.

I use Youtube TV.  I considered Sling and Fubo at various points but still feel I made the right choice.  The only things I'm missing are MASN for baseball (fucking TV contracts) Viceland and El Rey.  But I can largely do without them except for when the Dark Side/Wrestlers  shows come back.

• Like 1

@NikoBaltimore

They had a thing last year, where you could watch them via the Vice app. That's what I did. You were allowed 45 mins (I think), which was perfect for an "hour" long show. You just had to delete and redownload the app for each episode to get the credits again.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I use Fubo... but that's primarily because of their sports package so I can watch all the European and south american football I can think of. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ka-to said:

Oh man. I remember talking to Zoogz Rift earlier that spring- they were trying to get the UWF back off the ground and he told me to get in touch if I was interested in a job with them after I graduated. What could have been...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's one hell of a photo they chose for that tweet

Jesus Fuck.  Benoit looks like he's about to go batshit right there and then.

Nancy Benoit was such a beautiful woman.  That image really depresses me.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You have to wonder how he got all bruised up, it looks like he was in a car wreck. That can't be Sullivan waffling him or some random Finlay match, right?

For some reason I remember reading something about him and two others getting in a wreck in '97 (I think on the way to a Nitro). It was in one of those Observer Rewinds that guy on Reddit used to do.

--

Found it. It was in the 4/17/97 issue, right after Spring Stampede...

"Chris Benoit, Nancy Sullivan, and William Regal were in a car accident when they were hit by a drunk driver. The car they were in rolled over twice. Nancy was banged up and Benoit got a nasty cut on his hand (which opened up and bled everywhere during his PPV match)."

Edited by PetrolCB

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Nancy Benoit was such a beautiful woman.  That image really depresses me.

Not just A beautiful woman. THE beautiful woman.

(paraphrasing her catch phrase from before she went to ECW. Although arguably the point stands anyway. She never seemed to do many promos once she went to ECW though. Not like Paul E to have a valuable asset and not use it, but there you go. Maybe he perpetually thought she was on the verge of leaving (with Kevin Sullivan being in WCW at the time and all) so avoided using her in a central role. Or he thought it would detract from Sandman, having someone else talk for him. Who knows.)

The Dr D David Schultz one could be a sleeper great one. would be funny if this got John Stossel 

Seems like the main purpose of doing brawl 4 All is too put Russo on the show in a more featured way

Edited by hammerva

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

For some reason I remember reading something about him and two others getting in a wreck in '97 (I think on the way to a Nitro). It was in one of those Observer Rewinds that guy on Reddit used to do.

--

Found it. It was in the 4/17/97 issue, right after Spring Stampede...

"Chris Benoit, Nancy Sullivan, and William Regal were in a car accident when they were hit by a drunk driver. The car they were in rolled over twice. Nancy was banged up and Benoit got a nasty cut on his hand (which opened up and bled everywhere during his PPV match)."

I just saw that PPV. He didn't have a shiner from what I can remember. 

Doing some research, it's likely from July 1996 when Benoit showed up on WCW Saturday Night with a black eye.

If Dr. D goes into his secret history of bounty hunting we could be in for some really interesting stuff

Moving to Connecticut, Schultz opened a successful bail bonds business and began a second career as a professional bounty hunter.[2][1] Pursuing criminals as far as Egypt and Puerto Rico, he has arrested around 1,700 fugitives and worked with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Administration and various police departments for over 15 years.

24 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Moving to Connecticut, Schultz opened a successful bail bonds business and began a second career as a professional bounty hunter.[2][1] Pursuing criminals as far as Egypt and Puerto Rico, he has arrested around 1,700 fugitives and worked with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Administration and various police departments for over 15 years.

What's the source for that stat?  It feels like it came from Dr. D himself.  "1,700" is probably his "93,173.""

I don't see how someone can fly from the United States to Egypt, arrest someone in Egypt and then fly back to America with them in their custody. Isn't that kidnapping?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

I don't see how someone can fly from the United States to Egypt, arrest someone in Egypt and then fly back to America with them in their custody. Isn't that kidnapping?

Kidnapping? Probably. Great plot for a 90s action movie starring Harrison Ford? Definitely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2