DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

44 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

Ricky vomited, Robert stayed to watch.

That isn't what Jimmy said when he was asked about it almost 5 years ago.

"Brother I am tired of the lies and half truths spread about me online.... IT WAS THE MIDNIGHTS THAT WALKED IN NOT THE ROCK N ROLLS!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, The Great ML said:

How surreal is it going to be if Season 3 is nothing but the old sleaze thread?

I can’t wait to be interviewed...

We found Coach Tony K's new account!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If they do an episode on the sleaze thread and Tony shows up going "It was me all along!" then that would be the absolute best.

As for the Hawk episode it was pretty good but it was obvious that Animal was full of shit regarding himself.  I didn't know why at the time until reading this thread but I could just sense it.  That and the fact that he's a racist bastard made me not like seeing him on the show.  But when the truth was told it did suck seeing how far Hawk went.  He seemed like a really awesome guy that let his demons get the best of him.  I know the Killing the Town podcast has ceased to be for some time but the episode with people speaking about Hawk was really, really good.

To me, Pullman would make a great episode. His whole story is fascinating. The undersized football star, pioneer of juniors wrestling in the US, the loose cannon stuff, the playing three promotions at once, the gun angle and his tragic death. Lots of material there. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Log said:

To me, Pullman would make a great episode. His whole story is fascinating. The undersized football star, pioneer of juniors wrestling in the US, the loose cannon stuff, the playing three promotions at once, the gun angle and his tragic death. Lots of material there. 

Plus,you have the kid now being a worker too.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 11:52 PM, sydneybrown said:

Not to be that guy, just Google "Danny Thomas glass table."  Someone took that exact story and replaced him with Jimmy Valiant.  Over a decade later, he's probably still wondering why people keep bringing it up...

But how would Danny Thomas know the Rock and Roll Express?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

In hindsight, LOD taking the place of the Acolytes in the Ministry of Darkness would have been pretty cool.

Hawk could have brought back his Crusher Van Haig robe. 

of course Ellering might have wanted in on the Ministry to make it a little more complex

If they did do a Pillman episode I’d like to see them discuss the night after his death when Vince interviewed his widow via satellite on live television. Now that’s some darkside of the ring right there.

Edited by Web Conn
Spelling problems
  • Like 2

So the wife and I recently watched the Dr. D, Jimmy Snuka, Dino Bravo, and Road Warriors episodes.

Is it me, or did the Road Warriors episode not seem as....dark as the others? I'm not complaining, I'm just saying considering some of the other subjects and episodes this particular one seems a little out of place. In the past we've also seen the Montreal Screwjob, Droz, Moolah, and Eddie episodes as well. (I find these shows work really well when she asks a question about a wrestling subject and my response is usually something along the lines of "It's a long story....")

I told her there was going to be an Owen Hart episode. This was her reaction:
KrjgRZL.gif

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

So the wife and I recently watched the Dr. D, Jimmy Snuka, Dino Bravo, and Road Warriors episodes.

Is it me, or did the Road Warriors episode not seem as....dark as the others? I'm not complaining, I'm just saying considering some of the other subjects and episodes this particular one seems a little out of place. In the past we've also seen the Montreal Screwjob, Droz, Moolah, and Eddie episodes as well. (I find these shows work really well when she asks a question about a wrestling subject and my response is usually something along the lines of "It's a long story....")

If anything the Schultz one was out of place. Besides the screwy timeline, the only thing that hurt this episode was they spent so much time on the genesis of the team. I think they loved those stories so much and thought they were gold enough to leave them in. While that was good to know, they spent like seven minutes on the what happened to Hawk. If the story starts in the late 70s and Hawk doesn't pass away until 2003, you got to get through twenty-five years of stuff in roughly forty-five minutes to get to it. So the end result is the doc having large gaps and time leaps in the narrative.

3 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I told her there was going to be an Owen Hart episode. This was her reaction:
KrjgRZL.gif

Yup the Owen episode is going to be pretty freaking dark...

I saw an early screener for The Final Days of Owen Hart. After the Benoit episode I didn’t think there’d be a harder episode to get through and I think I may have been wrong. 

Some of what fans still write to this day about Martha Hart after everything she went through make me sick. I can’t blame her for her feelings at all. 

My thoughts on the Owen Hart finale.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I saw an early screener for The Final Days of Owen Hart. After the Benoit episode I didn’t think there’d be a harder episode to get through and I think I may have been wrong. 

Some of what fans still write to this day about Martha Hart after everything she went through make me sick. I can’t blame her for her feelings at all. 

My thoughts on the Owen Hart finale.

Very good job with the review, thanks for posting it!

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, sydneybrown said:

I have it on tape somewhere, I didn't see it on YouTube, there is absolutely an LOD-Demolition match at MSG where Hawk gets taken out early and spends the entire match laying on the floor and only gets up for the finish.   And this was a YEAR AND A HALF before SummerSlam 92.

I eagerly await discussing wrestling with our kids or our kids' kids' the same way people discussed early 1900s meat packing industry.  "Grandpa, tell us again what a cesspool the wrestling industry used to be?"

On 5/13/2020 at 3:16 AM, Cobra Commander said:

Also a big nod to the people on Twitter who just learned tonight that Nikita Koloff isn’t a Russian.

Next week, they learn about Ivan Koloff.

It always does my head in when I hear Nikita on podcasts with his folksy Minnesota accent.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:02 AM, The Great ML said:

How surreal is it going to be if Season 3 is nothing but the old sleaze thread?

I can’t wait to be interviewed...

I eagerly await "poster formerly known as FH, creator of the phrase 'dildo blender' "under my name during my interview segment.

• Like 4

There's a special place in hell for Jerry McDevitt (if you saw his comments on Martha Hart you know exactly why). Same goes for the creeps on wrestling social media defaming her.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

What did he say about Martha?

The reality is, we’ve never told our side of the story of what happened — at least not outside of court. We told it in court, but when she talks about the way the lawsuit unfolded over the years, it really isn’t accurate what she’s saying. What she did whenever this happened is, she hired a lawyer in Kansas City who we caught essentially trying to fix the judicial selection process to get a judge that was more to their liking. We caught them and went all the way to the Missouri Supreme Court. The Missouri Supreme Court said, ‘No, no, no. We’re not going to let that happen.’ They essentially appointed an independent judge to come in from outside of Kansas City to oversee the proceedings. We were basically trying to find out what happened that night. Martha was not even remotely interested in finding out what happened that night; she just wanted to used it as a vehicle to beat up a business that she didn’t like that her husband was in, the wrestling business.

She talked about how $18 million settlement, she didn’t really want to do that, she wanted justice. Again, that’s just not true. There was court-ordered mediation. We went to the mediation, and her lawyers were demanding $35 million and some admission of punitive damages. Vince told her right there, ‘Look, Martha, I feel so bad for what happened. I feel responsible because this happened on my watch. I want to take care of you and your family, I loved Owen.’ He was almost crying. We offered $17 million to take care of her. How many times does a CEO walk in a room and say he feels responsible? ‘I’m not going to argue, I just feel responsible for what happened.’ They turned it down; they wanted to go to court for their $35 million. Fine, we’ll go and litigate. The next day, I get a call from her Canadian lawyer, saying they didn’t want to do it because they knew what they were facing with the other things I talked about. They said, ‘If you could put a little more money in. If you can go to $18 million we’ll settle right now.’ That’s how the settlement went down.

Martha also said on the Jericho pod that WWF sued her for breach of Owen's contract, too.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I eagerly await "poster formerly known as FH, creator of the phrase 'dildo blender' "under my name during my interview segment.

Uh, Hacksaw Jim Dugan invented the dildo blender, tough guy.

• Haha 2