DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

How about Jesse Sorensen's getting screwed over by TNA? Breaks his neck on their watch, they promise to pay his medical bills then don't, give him a job to keep him from suing, then release him once the statute of limitations is up.

Or they could do a more general TNA show with that, Jeff Hardy in no condition to perform, etc.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2020 at 11:34 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Because it had to be looked up: real Wolverine claws

Hide contents

51hZcBaLW2L._AC_SX425_.jpg

So New Jack worked for me quite a bit during 2003-2005 in IWC. Never had an issue with him, and was always fine with my wishes regarding language and level of violence. However, I believe it was Super Indy III he worked with Balls Mahoney. Brought the above Wolverine claw.  I received a call the next morning at 6:30 a.m. from Jack telling me he left the claw at the building. I assumed by that time the janitor would have found it, and bye bye building for us. I remember driving up there at top speed, and making it to the building just after 7 a.m. The janitor was indeed there cleaning. As luck would have it, I found the claw before the janitor did (wrapped in a towel in the part of the bleachers behind the hard cam where the wives/girlfriends of the workers sat). We didn't lose the building.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, kafkonia said:

How about Jesse Sorensen's getting screwed over by TNA? Breaks his neck on their watch, they promise to pay his medical bills then don't, give him a job to keep him from suing, then release him once the statute of limitations is up.

Or they could do a more general TNA show with that, Jeff Hardy in no condition to perform, etc.

Probably could be a good story made from this as the whole ordeal drove his mother to bankruptcy

22 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dynamite would be a shoe-in. 

Brian Pillman maybe? Art Barr? The last days of ECW? Perry Saturn's descent into drug addiction? Scott Hall? A full-on Jake episode? 

ESPN did a Scott Hall one a while back.  It was the first time I learned that he killed a man working at a nightclub.

Black Saturday could be a good one since most of those involved are still alive.  The steroids trial would be an obvious one.  An Eddie Gilbert one would be fascinating.  

• Like 1

I think Brian Pillman would make for a good one. They can interview Pillman, Jr.. You can also bring up Melanie going on Raw the day after, the fact that her and Brian's relationship was ending, bringing another guy with her to the funeral, and expecting Les Thatcher to keep putting Pillman Memorial shows, and supposedly most of that money going up her nose.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Don't think Black Saturday.  They seem to look for stories where crimes happened.  Breaking the hearts of Southern rasslin' fans isn't a crime on the books yet

stillrealtome.jpg

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Don't think Black Saturday.  They seem to look for stories where crimes happened.  Breaking the hearts of Southern rasslin' fans isn't a crime on the books yet

You arent going to get Vince for it. Prob not Gerry. Jack and Barnett are dead. That leaves you with Ole, in not good shape. 

Prob not salacious enough. 

You could probably do Black Saturday if they could spin more stories out of that single topic from the people that were involved, like the Brawl For All episode. But I don't know enough about Black Saturday and that time period in wrestling to even try and think about what they could touch on.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

ESPN did a Scott Hall one a while back.  It was the first time I learned that he killed a man working at a nightclub.

Same here. Still, not bad ground to retread. Jake was a big part of Beyond the Mat and you damn sure could do an episode on him and make it fresh. 

Reading that oral history of the North Korea debacle that Sports Illustrated did makes that probably the best option for any episode of season three, next to XPW. Most everyone's still alive and more than likely willing to talk about it too.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Could you get one out of the Bulldogs? Dynamite and Davey Boy both had some crazy issues...

Lawler needs one for sure but I don't think a heap of that stuff really gets a light put on it until after he passes.

• Like 1

Don't know if it's been suggested or covered yet, but it occurs to me you could pull a pretty interesting hour out of USA! USA! HOOOOO! and USA? Hah! Phooey! being pulled over while traveling together in a car full of drugs.

That North Korean one should be great. A lot of crazy stories on that tour!

Edited by gordi

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Sheiky Baby himself is an episode. I wonder whatever happened to that doc they were making about him? I saw a trailer years ago and that's the last I heard.

It was on Canadian Netflix awhile back if it was the same one.  And I can't see multiple Iron Shiek docs being made

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Brian Pillman would make for a good one. They can interview Pillman, Jr.. You can also bring up Melanie going on Raw the day after, the fact that her and Brian's relationship was ending, bringing another guy with her to the funeral, and expecting Les Thatcher to keep putting Pillman Memorial shows, and supposedly most of that money going up her nose.

Pillman also has all the shoot-y stuff he did in his last days in WCW, ECW and then his start in WWF. He played all sides really well there and had everyone wondering what he was up to. 

• Like 1

The death of Brian Ong (And subsequent cover-up) in APW. Seriously that is among the most disgusting and fucked up stories ever but is almost completely forgotten. Hell you could do a whole episode on Roland Alexander and it would be so disgusting you'd need to take a shower after watching it.

• Like 4