DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

Charleston West Virginia, San Juan Puerto Rico.. it's easy to mix up the two locations

wonder if all the other episodes of this Viceland series will go up on YouTube before airing for the people who don't have 900 channel cable systems which carry Viceland like my cable system.

Watched the first episode of The Dark Side of the Ring on Viceland. A couple things:

1. I really don't like seeing a couple people having a big focus on here that I disdain, namely Bischoff and Prichard. Then again I also don't like Vice much after the Desus and Mero fallout and finding out that the founder of the Proud Boys was also one of Vice's founders and got bought out by the other two owners, but there you go. 

2. Wow this was a bummer. I forgot all about how Liz went, while remembering all too well about how Randy went. That makes me feel even worse about myself (and BTW they have the 911 call Luger made for Liz so be forewarned). As far as how it's done, they got the footage, they detail the storylines, Hall and Jake do commentary as well which comes off best (Hall making the call for Liz to be HOF is righteous), and the "fake" footage is well done. Your mileage is just gonna vary as to how depressed you might feel about a specific topic on this show. 

EDIT: One more thing, Fuck Hulk Hogan is not going to be on this show. Linda is, but not him.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Forgot to mention it but Dutch is the narrator for the Viceland show, if that's a draw for anyone. Glad to see him get a paycheck.

What? Foley was the narrator for the Brody one I'm pretty sure.

Foley narrates the Brody one, Dutch narrates the rest, I assume because he couldn't really be impartial for the Brody doc since he was there and is in a good chunk of it.

So far the Vice docs are fine, I don't feel we are the audience for these shows at all.  Everything being revealed is stuff we already know.  You kinda hope for a pivotal moment for why Brody died or why Liz died, and it's just rehashes.  

Regarding the Viceland documentaries - apparently the one about the Montreal Screwjob sucks because it has no new info and basically somehow breaks down into Cornette and Russo cutting promos on each other

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Since there isn't a thread for the series and I haven't seen it posted before, here's the first episode of VICELAND's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series:

42 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Since there isn't a thread for the series and I haven't seen it posted before, here's the first episode of VICELAND's Dark Side of the Ring documentary series:

How did you miss the 3 or 4 times it's been posted already? ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edwin said:

I just watched the Brody episode On Demand. It wasn't bad for only being 45 minutes, but something like this needs to be about two hours. I would love to see a longer doc on this.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

It might have come up and I missed it when making the thread (since really all I was looking for was all the times the Brody doc was posted) but Hogan shit on the Savage doc basically implying that it didn't have his point of view (as someone who was there).

Viceland then responded to Hogan saying "Hey we asked you to be on it and you declined"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It might have come up and I missed it when making the thread (since really all I was looking for was all the times the Brody doc was posted) but Hogan shit on the Savage doc basically implying that it didn't have his point of view (as someone who was there).

Viceland then responded to Hogan saying "Hey we asked you to be on it and you declined"

And it ended up being better off for it.  I liked Linda being on there as it gave a better glimpse into what Liz was thinking when away from Randy.  I don't think we would have got that from Hogan and I'd have a hard time caring or believing in what he said.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AxB said:

The yt versions are region locked and they aren't scheduled on the UK Vice channel any time soon ?

You could always try a VPN, all goes well it should allow you to watch it.