DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

9 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Crazy to think the majority of the greats were pricks.  

Hogan-racist

Shawn- what didn't Shawn do

Bret-  Had girls in every town while married (I'm sure most did)

Flair- Hellicoptering girls around the world

Taker- Bullying people into shitting and pissing on another guys clothes and flag

Benoit- Murderer

Snuka- Murderer 

We need to look to the rafters for Real Estate Steve to save our great sport. 

Don't forget Austin, known woman beater. Most of these guys are still collecting checks from WWE.

• Like 3

Did they already do the Graham’s?

I would like to see one on 2000’s New Japan, but I’m not sure the guys you want to talk to are willing to speak about it yet. I would love one on post-split All Japan & NOAH. 90’s All Japan’s influence on the industry for better, or worse would be a very interesting subject.

I just don’t want Sleaze Thread the doc. There are more interesting subjects, than listing about another wrestlers substance abuse problems.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

He is a liar.  IWC brought Ric in for a show to do pics and autographs back around the time when he did his 3 disc shoot interview.  I was in line to meet him with some friends and I was excited because I'd just spoken with Dustin Rhodes and Dustin had asked me to say hi for him.  Well there was a girl in line behind us who was maybe 15 at best. Wasn't at the show with friends but was with her parents.  Flair kept openly hitting on her to the point where it was extremely weird. He even went along the lines of saying "I want a copy of our photo"  He literally didn't say hi or thank you or shit to me or my friends because he was so focused on this 15 yr old girl behind us.  People would ask us how Ric was and we would tell the story and they would say "Wow you got to see Naitch be Naitch"  No, we got to see an old man act like a fucking pedo.  I lost a ton of respect for Ric that night and haven't really cared about him since.  I don't doubt anything I hear about him. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Tanahashi's endless interview about his career on the New Japan website has been very forthcoming on the problems with the company in the years he's been around. Apparently current management is fine with it. 

There are some pretty terrible allegations, and I do mean terrible, that have been made regarding the training dojos for NJPW. 

• Like 1

To clarify, the “helicopter” as it was called, is accurate. I wish I could blame it on youth, but it was a case of drinking too much and being inappropriate and I apologize for that (and have countless times over the years).

I made some bad decisions during dark periods in my life, and it is something I’ve spent a significant part of years I was given by the doctors in 2017 trying to make right.

I condemn sexual assault in any way, shape or form. I could (and have) written books (as have others) that have covered my transgressions. I’ve made some terrible decisions, but I’ve never forced myself on anyone in any way. Period.

Flair issues a second denial https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/09/ric-flair-issues-follow-up-statement/

• Like 1

Dark Side of the Ring returned with the first episode of the second half of Season 3 this week, recapping the infamous Plane Ride From Hell from 2002. While many of the incidents from the flight have been recapped over the years in various interviews and lawsuits, fans were given a stark look at just how depraved some of the wrestlers' actions were, particularly when a flight attendant, Heidi Doyle, recapped being allegedly sexually assaulted by both Ric Flair and a heavily drugged Scott Hall. 

The show's creators, Evan Husney and Jason Eisener, sat down with ComicBook prior to the episode's premiere and explained why they chose to cover this particular incident.

"Since the beginning of the show, it's been any time we've interfaced with friends, family, or fans, it's always been when are doing the Plane Ride From Hell? It's always been at the forefront of an episode suggestion and truth be told, I think that the knowledge of what's out there about the events that took place on that ill-fated flight is I think for us always been us trying to wrap our heads around how it could be an episode," Husney said. "Where's the human angle? Where's that quality that's going to transcend it beyond just a party gone crazy in the sky?

"And so, we always put it off, but the demand was so overwhelming for it, but once we started to dig into researching it and talking to some people who were on the flight, man, it was really eyeopening," he continued. "And that story, that real Dark Side of the Ring human story really did start to emerge from it. And I do think that for us, I think, yeah. It really surprised us in terms of how well it sort of came together as a story. But I think it's definitely going to be a conversation, water cooler moment in the wrestling sphere when this thing drops next week."

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-dark-side-of-the-ring-why-make-a-plane-ride-from-hell-episode-ric-flair-tommy-dreamer-husney-eisener/?fbclid=IwAR2YslywTUOB8DMSKxpdFwEcUszleW-4oa_VcRwm_UvbHYdHZyRYE_F5XWU

One main thing I can't figure is why in the fuck were they on the tarmac for 7 hours in the first place.  They should have just had them go hang out pretty much anywhere else or at least take the alcohol out until it was time to fly.  And considering that company had no limits on alcohol then they should be very much blamed for this too.  I blanked on the name but I hope they either got their shit together or don't exist anymore.

• Like 3