DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Kurt Angle wasn't on that European tour. He was a part of the roster that stayed behind in the states. He was working Edge in No DQ matches and tagging with Chris Jericho on occasion.

EDIT: He likely has his years mixed up, since in 2001 he was on the Insurrextion PPV from London. They didn't do a European tour around that PPV in 2001, it was just a two way flight, to London to work the PPV then back to the States.

Okay, that must be what it was. My mistake. Thanks for the clarification!

28 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hmmm. I just watched the Angle video and he says Jericho was on the flight; how come they didn't have Jericho on the episode even though he's their voiceover guy? 

Because neither were on that European tour, and Angle is getting his years mixed up.

• Like 2

It's kind of heartbreaking yet incredibly disappointing to hear Dreamer's comments. I always held him in high regard and it's gonna be rough essentially canceling him.  And considering him and my wife had a conversation years ago where she adores him I don't think it's best to mention what he said to her. 

As for Flair he should have been canceled decades ago though times were unfortunately different. Here's hope this is what finally does him in. 

I have a lot more to say but am typing on a phone.  I will say that it's interesting that JR sees talent now as being above all that.  Wonder how much he knows about Speaking Out as it's obvious shitty people are still very much a thing now. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 12:45 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Interesting they would put that out yesterday when the podcast episode was on 8/31.  I also think part of the reason he's not in AEW yet is to see how much people want to cancel him after this airs.

Maybe this is the real reason he's not in WWE anymore either.

Hunter is smart, he knows Flair better than anybody (watch the ESPN doc) and saw this coming miles away. It sucks. I hate to see an old man put on the rack, knowing that he'll have lost his last remaining gigs while having a notorious problem with money, but there's got to be some atonement for this shit. And Tommy is a sweet guy who sadly is the biggest mark for the business that you'll ever see and will defend it beyond what's necessary. I still haven't watched the Jericho interview with the series creators but if they said the feeling behind this is one of grief then I agree. 

• Like 4

In defense of Tommy...

No, really! Hear me out!

His stupid statements were always cut to right after after Heidi Doyle's heavier segments. It made it seem like Tommy was responding directly to everything Heidi was saying, as if he were in the same room or at least had been viewing her footage. This is a very old editing trick, and you will see it in almost any documentary you watch. You'll see it all the time when they're trying to edit a story into a reality or competition show. It was a touch manipulative, and made Dreamer's already repugnant statements seem that much repugnant-er.

This does not excuse or condone a thing Tommy said. This does not make Heidi Doyle's story any less true or troubling. I just think the show's editing was very MTV's The Real World when it didn't need to be. Ignorant as Tommy was, I'm willing to believe he'd never heard Heidi Doyle tell her side of the story. If I were Tommy's PR, I would tell him to say something along the lines of "Prior to the airing of this episode, I was unaware and misinformed in regards to Heidi Doyle's recollection of that day's events" followed by a few hundred apologies and public contrition via another kendo stick shot to the nuts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So when Dreamer said that Flair could helicopter his dick just by moving his hips, and that reason he could do that was because he had a big one... is it just me who thought "But surely everyone can do that"?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

So when Dreamer said that Flair could helicopter his dick just by moving his hips, and that reason he could do that was because he had a big one... is it just me who thought "But surely everyone can do that"?

well, seemingly not Dreamer.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, AxB said:

I think it’s more of a hip mobility thing than a dick thing, but then again I’m not that kind of doctor. 

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, Trebor said:

Just watched it and my first reaction is: what kind of fucked up shit has Tommy Dreamer done?

This was one of my takeaways, as well. Especially when he started defending his ponytail. Classic case of someone deflecting when a conversation is getting too close to something they really don’t want to talk about it. LOOK AT MY SILLY HAIR HAHA YES THIS IS DEFINITELY MY WORST CRIME.

• Like 1

The stuff about the "H-Bombs" reminds me of that deposition video of Bill Cosby talking about giving women Quaaludes. Like they don't see the difference between alcohol/coke/pot vs giving someone something that knocks you completely out.

Flair doing this stuff in his 50's is way past the age of should know better. Its not like this is a 15 year old high schooler pullling his dick out as a joke