DVDVR Message Board

The Wong Fei-hung Kung Fu Movie Review pre-thread

Execproducer

Haven't done my actual review, or actually watched the movie yet. But I've sent a bonus review in anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I might do a bonus in the future. Wanna see what everyone comes up with first.

Well, it would be better if you did it before you see what everyone else comes up with, so that I can decide where to place it, but bonus reviews aren't mandatory. Merely greatly appreciated.

Edited by Execproducer

Got my main review done. Wrote quite a lot more than I was intending to... maybe a second bonus to come. Maybe.

• Like 1

Randomly found a Kung Fu movie on my TiVo that I had recorded last July and forgotten about. Watched it. Did a bonus review. Why not, eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Randomly found a Kung Fu movie on my TiVo that I had recorded last July and forgotten about. Watched it. Did a bonus review. Why not, eh?

Was going to do this tomorrow, but I'll take this opportunity to update.

Reviews: Curt, driver, J.T., AxB

Bonus: J.H., AxB (2)

Looking like we may need to extend the deadline beyond the 20th. If you committed to a bonus review but for whatever reason haven't gotten around to it, no big deal. Do them or don't.  I'll still take them after we start. But I'd like the main reviews no later than the 24th because this train rolls out by the 25th. If you are having an issue finding your movie, message me and we'll figure something out. 

Edited by Execproducer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Setsuna said:

Mine's been done since, I think, the day after I got my pick. I just need to make some edits and get over the fact that I'll never be good at writing reviews.

Few of us really are. Its fun to do anyway. 

@jaedmc I am probably going to write that many about him too but it isn't going to be an answer to your review. I had already planned to write up a few mini-essays on different topics for this thing. But when the time comes, it might end up striking me as a bit self-indulgent , so we'll see.

19 hours ago, jaedmc said:

I just wrote 1200 words on a movie starring a guy I thought I'd never write about. 

You should've seen the bomb that got dropped on me, dude.

• Like 1

Don't give up on me yet, y'all.  Work has been a bitch - the mentally ill literally don't rest - so I'm hoping to finally settle down to write my review.

I thought about bouncing my takes off the dude who thought I was Christ, coming to take him "home" Sunday at 0230, but I don't think he would have been receptive.