DVDVR Message Board

The Wong Fei-hung Kung Fu Movie Review pre-thread

Execproducer

Another way we can go with bonus reviews, for those of you that have a life and don't want to add another movie or TV episode to your plate, would be to extol the virtues of your favorite fight scene, which you will almost certainly be able to find on YouTube or Dailymotion.   

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, Execproducer said:

Another way we can go with bonus reviews, for those of you that have a life and don't want to add another movie or TV episode to your plate, would be to extol the virtues of your favorite fight scene, which you will almost certainly be able to find on YouTube or Dailymotion.   

I think my review of Rama vs. The Assassin from The Raid 2  from my Badass Fight Scenes In Badass Action Movies post series was eaten by the previous board crash.

• Sad 1

I have sent in a sliding scale of three picks.

I am thinking I will bonus review some of my favorite Korean sword epics starting with Bichunmoo or The Restless if I can convince my brother to send them back to me.

Mother fucker has nearly half of my good shit.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Preferably nothing I have to buy a new player for.

But eff it, I like a challenge.

What challenge?  Between me, OSJ, JH, and a few other guys I would imagine that the library of martial arts movies in the collective possession of DVDVR members rivals most film companies.  All of the "rare" stuff is probably in the hands of someone in this project and that can be loaned out as needed.

Speaking of rare movies that we probably all own on physical media, I am working on a bonus review for Drive.

Not that Drive.  

THIS Drive.

I have it on DVD somewhere in the stash.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

What challenge?  Between me, OSJ, JH, and a few other guys I would imagine that the library of martial arts movies in the collective possession of DVDVR members rivals most film companies.  All of the "rare" stuff is probably in the hands of someone in this project and that can be loaned out as needed.

Speaking of rare movies that we probably all own on physical media, I am working on a bonus review for Drive.

Not that Drive.  

THIS Drive.

I have it on DVD somewhere in the stash.

I've gotten a copy of every film that I've been assigned in a challenge, except where I've already had it.  Luckily, I've not been assigned crap.

1 minute ago, Execproducer said:

Deadline is the 28th, though I need to check because I think I might have everyone already except maybe one. If you haven't decided which of your options you want to go with, I'll do it for you when the picks close.

Roger.

I've got my pick and I also have gotten inspiration for a special project.

I promise to do my best not to slack and get the principle review in as soon as possible, and then I will start work on that double feature thing.

Hopefully I will still have enough time and juice to pump out that bonus review for Drive.