DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

I am personally hoping that at some point we get Schoolhouse Rock and the ABC Afterschool Specials. Who knows what the rights issues are for any of that stuff, but one would assume that they are in full control. I remember some comp tapes of Schoolhouse Rock that were branded as "Disney's" at some point, so I know at one point in time it was definitely something that they acknowledged as part of their catalog, but who knows.

I would think that they might stay away from the Afterschool Specials because of subject matter in more than a handful of them, but they are chock-full of stars before they were stars, so they could potentially be a pretty cool thing to have in the library.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 2:45 PM, RIPPA said:

Dog?  Check.

Human Bravery?  Check.

Wlllem Dafoe being awesome?  Check.

I am going to weep through this entire goddamned thing..

Fuck you, Disney+.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 7:26 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is this about Dick Togo? 

It's about the lead dog and dog sled runner who made the largest part of the serum run that Spielberg made an animated movie about 25 years ago called Balto. The dog was named after Heihachiro Togo. 

I watched it. It's sort of like a throwback to 1990s live-action Disney films like White Fang and Iron Will. It's a decent, enjoyable watch, like if you are OK with the idea of working dogs and dogs being used to run sleds. But it's very much a "man's best friend" type of story. Lots of man and his dog bonding type stuff.

Roose Bolton is in it for one scene.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure whether to be impressed by or laugh at the fact that you answered Niners's question seriously and factually.

I now want Disney+ to do a Bohemian Rhapsody style bio pic on the life of Dick Togo that ends with the six man MPro match for ECW Barely Legal.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am not sure whether to be impressed by or laugh at the fact that you answered Niners's question seriously and factually.

I now want Disney+ to do a Bohemian Rhapsody style bio pic on the life of Dick Togo that ends with the six man MPro match for ECW Barely Legal.

Does this include Kaientai not teaming for months before "reuniting" for that Barely Legal tag match?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Does this include Kaientai not teaming for months before "reuniting" for that Barely Legal tag match?

Of course.  There needs to be some pathos in Act II, right?

18 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

It's about the lead dog and dog sled runner who made the largest part of the serum run that Spielberg made an animated movie about 25 years ago called Balto. The dog was named after Hideki Togo. 

I watched it. It's sort of like a throwback to 1990s live-action Disney films like White Fang and Iron Will. It's a decent, enjoyable watch, like if you are OK with the idea of working dogs and dogs being used to run sleds. But it's very much a "man's best friend" type of story. Lots of man and his dog bonding type stuff.

Roose Bolton is in it for one scene.

Heihachiro Togo (a Japanese general of the late 19th and early 20th century), not Hideki Togo (by which, I assume, you mean Hideki Tojo (the Japanese prime minister during WW2, who was hanged as a war criminal)). I must admit that I only realized your mistake as I was looking them up a couple of days ago on Wikipedia.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

That type of spoiler/discussion has been going in the All Purpose Star Wars thread.

Sorry, I meant to put that in the Star Wars thread, don't know how I ended up in the Disney+

My sister thought I was an idiot for getting Disney+ until she saw that The Proud Family is coming in 2020.

We will now begin the negotiations for me getting more access to her Amazon Prime account.

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

I am... a little nervous about it being rushed through post production, but I am looking forward to it.

Me too, but I don't think that Disney wants to loose too much market share by keeping the Marvel content offline for too long.

They still have to honor the licensing with TNT / TBS, USA / SYFY, Netflix and Starz! / Epix before they can horde all of the MCU content to themselves so it's probably smart for them to bulk up the MCU queue as soon as they can.

Spider-Man:  Far From Home debuts on Starz! at the end of January.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JLSigman said:

I am... a little nervous about it being rushed through post production, but I am looking forward to it.

You're assuming its being rushed in the first place. 

Edited by Eivion

WandaVision releasing in 2021 never made sense anyway, unless they planned on it being sometime before May (when Doctor Strange 2 comes out).

I've never heard about the Hulu thing. Doesn't make much sense, but I wouldn't complain since I've been subscribed to Hulu for a long time and only tried the Disney+ week long trial and wasn't that impressed.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

You're assuming its being rushed in the first place. 

Well, yes, when a show it touted as being released in 2021 for 18 - 24 months, then suddenly is being released a year earlier, I would say it's being rushed.