DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

On 11/13/2021 at 3:46 AM, Raziel said:

Looks like D+ added Enhanced IMAX streams, in IMAX ratios.  Looks neat so far, at least on a computer monitor.  Haven't tried a TV  yet.

Biggest difference I've seen so far is Avengers: Endgame...

FEMrzudXMAIN9uA?format=jpg&name=900x900

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hammerva said:

I would like to watch the Beatles Documentary series but not sure if it is worth the monthly subscription for at least a month.   Heard good stuff from it.

I would say it's definitely worth a one month subscription though as mentioned above there's tons more on there to make D+ worth keeping.  It's super long but worth the time and it's also interesting hearing profanity flowing about freely on a Disney platform.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Get Back. It was just fun watching them work through the creative process while also you can see all 4 floating in other directions.

For the most part, it looks like 4 friends having fun and goofing off when they are doing what they love (creating), but there's also some really tense moments.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I really enjoyed Get Back. It was just fun watching them work through the creative process while also you can see all 4 floating in other directions.

For the most part, it looks like 4 friends having fun and goofing off when they are doing what they love (creating), but there's also some really tense moments.

I've only watched the first part, but I agree.

It's crazy seeing Paul working through "Let it Be" or them all figuring out "Get Back".  It's almost frustrating in this weird way to see them get so close to the finished version, but just missing it.  I'm like, "No, not like that!  You're almost there!"

• Like 1

Peter Jackson is on Colbert again tonight and he revealed that he talked to Paul McCartney who never knew John and George had a conversation about George doing a solo record and then them just doing another Beatles record, with the solo stuff being something everyone could do. Could've kept the band alive. Crazy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Log said:

It's crazy seeing Paul working through "Let it Be" or them all figuring out "Get Back".  It's almost frustrating in this weird way to see them get so close to the finished version, but just missing it.  I'm like, "No, not like that!  You're almost there!"

Peter and Stephen just said the exact same thing haha

• Like 3

On 11/29/2021 at 1:50 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I saw what appears to be a companion book on sale at Meijer's today for $45. 

It's like when Cosmos the book came out after Cosmos the series on PBS

James!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Free Guy isn't on Disney+ in the US yet. I actually got a little hype for that, I've wanted to see it.

All of the usual Marvel stuff, that NatGeo thing with Hemsworth... and the Sneakerella movie is interesting, but only because I love hip-hop and sneakers (doesn't look too great, film wise).

• RIPPA locked this topic