DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

On 11/23/2019 at 7:04 AM, Matt D said:

https://thestreamable.com/news/this-is-everything-coming-to-disney-plus-in-december-2019

Exactly what I was looking for. As a father of a 2 year old, it's promising that they're adding things like Miles/Callie/etc. What they choose to add from Fox (Garfield in this case) is interesting.

No love for Togo I see.

• Like 1

Utterly random thing I noticed missing: the three Parent Trap sequels from the 80's. (Okay, to be honest, I only knew the second one existed, but after noticing it's missing I googled and found out that they made two more in 89.)

Any number of Made-for-TV Disney movies from the 80s aren't available - The Harry Anderson Absent Minded Professor series, the Jay Underwood "Not Quite Human" movies, etc.  Which sucks, because those are the things I'm most interested in.

7 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Noelle is a decent Christmas flick.

I really enjoyed it, reminded me of a ABC family movie that would have played on Sunday nights when I was a kid... but with Billy Eichner. The CG reindeer were hilariously bad.

Edited by elizium

I hope they add more Silly Symphony, Mickey Mouse shorts, etc. That's pretty much what I'm most interested in.

As it is, I've mostly been occupying myself with 1950-80 live action stuff. The Unidentified Flying Oddball? Big recommendation.

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

THIS. IS. NOT. OKAY. 

The fact that this is not an April Fool's joke (because it's...well...not April) is concerning.  I still love the app anyway but holy crap what an odd decision to say the least.

I'm just amused at how hard they're working their golden geese. We all knew they would, but they're managing to surpass my expectations. 

The concept of "murder people's childhoods" has always been silly. If those people want the old movies, they're still there. Go enjoy them. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Depending on who shot first

Honestly, this should be the final question of every game for a super ultra-prize.   

And regardless of the answer, no one ever gets it right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Casey said:

What's the problem with a Star Wars trivia game show?

The only thing I can think of - besides people being crazy - is the fact that they decided to go with Jar Jar Binks as host