DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

On 11/14/2019 at 5:52 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

And between the Vader cameo and Topanga (Danielle Fisher I believe) being a wrestling fan it has the wrestling tie-ins to boot.  So I think you're absolutely correct on this one.  I need to check this out again when I get a chance.

EDIT:  Just saw the "Thrilla in Philly" episode and it's even better than I remember it.  Damn I love this app.

Vader mentioned his Boy Meets World gig in his book. He was in three episodes. In the first two, you'd know he was a wrestler but you'd have no idea what company he wrestled for at the time (WCW, as it happens). However his third appearance has WWF logos in almost every shot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JLSigman said:

I've got two minor quibbles:

1) You have to redo the caption settings every time. I would prefer it to be account wide.

2) Once you watch something, it's gone from your watchlist. Not as big a deal with movies, but taking out the Mandalorian because I watched the first episode was weird. I'd rather something stay in my watch list until I remove it.

My big complaint is that it doesn’t show you which episodes of a series you’ve already watched, nor is there (that I’ve seen) and option to pick up with the last episode you watched.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

My big complaint is that it doesn’t show you which episodes of a series you’ve already watched, nor is there (that I’ve seen) and option to pick up with the last episode you watched.

There's been conflicting reports.  I think some apps have those options but I know on both my PS4 and the Samsung TV app it's not an option yet.  

33 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I’m on the Firestick and I don’t see it. It’s kind of surprising, since it seems somewhat related to Hulu and they have it.

On my Fire TV (admittedly a pendant version, not a stick) it's showing up as one of the featured items in the dot menu above recent watches, with either Captain Marvel or Elsa as the main image, (I've seen both)

14 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I'm watching through the website since they don't have an app for Windows 10, and that's gonna be a big problem once I dive into long series. Yikes. 

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

With all the Boy Meets World talk, it makes me wonder if HBO Max will have Step by Step and Family Matters.

Pretty good chance I'd say.  I don't know everything about how all of this works but with Seinfeld they didn't really control the sale,  it was Sony TV so while they get a split of the rights sale to Netflix,  I don't believe they could have just thrown Seinfeld on their service.  

With things like Family Matters and Step by Step I imagine they can just throw them on there.  Fresh Prince will be on there.  

• Like 1

I thought someone would have mentioned this by now but Disney announced that it will fix the aspect ration of the Simpsons episodes early next year

“We presented The Simpsons in 16:9 aspect ratio at launch in order to guarantee visual quality and consistency across all 30 seasons. Over time, Disney+ will roll out new features and additional viewing options. As part of this, in early 2020, Disney+ will make the first 19 seasons (and some episodes from Season 20) of The Simpsons available in their original 4:3 aspect ratio, giving subscribers a choice of how they prefer to view the popular series.”  

• Like 2

Oh and...

EDIT - a CNN story says it isn't so much that Disney + was hacked (and Disney says they have no indication anything was breached) but rather people using info (ie: passwords) that were hacked elsewhere to create their accounts

I did not expect the 60's & 70's live action Disney movies to be the thing that I ended up enjoying the most on here, but over the past week I've watched The Cat From Outer SpaceEmil & the Detectives The Ugly Dachshund ... all of which have been superb.  

Fired up Unidentified Flying Oddball last night and in the first 20 minutes they had insinuated that they should send a woman to space instead of a man because they are replaceable, taught an robot about women by showing it pictures of them in bikinis and then when they send the robot to space it snuck a Playboy onto the ship.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CSC said:

Fired up Unidentified Flying Oddball last night and in the first 20 minutes they had insinuated that they should send a woman to space instead of a man because they are replaceable, taught an robot about women by showing it pictures of them in bikinis and then when they send the robot to space it snuck a Playboy onto the ship.  

*adds to watchlist*

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CSC said:

I did not expect the 60's & 70's live action Disney movies to be the thing that I ended up enjoying the most on here, but over the past week I've watched The Cat From Outer SpaceEmil & the Detectives The Ugly Dachshund ... all of which have been superb.  

God, I loved Cat from Outer Space when I was a kid. That may be the first thing I jump into when we get this.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, Pete said:

God, I loved Cat from Outer Space when I was a kid. That may be the first thing I jump into when we get this.

I lost my shit when Cat From Outer Space and the Dexter Riley trilogy were in the live action queue.

Anyone else getting an error in which you can get audio, but the only video is the inset box full of snow? When I REW/FF, the true video shows up in that box, but then when I play again, full black screen, small box as if I am scrobbling with the digital snow. Fire TV is the device, I haven't loaded the app on anything else to see if it is platform-wide, regardless of device.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I lost my shit when Cat From Outer Space and the Dexter Riley trilogy were in the live action queue.

Well, two out of three anyway. I don't see Now You See Him, Now You Don't anywhere. I also don't see the Jan- Michael Vincent film The World's Greatest Athlete. There are definitely some gaping holes in this deal.

Edited by Execproducer

14 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Well, two out of three anyway. I don't see Now You See Him, Now You Don't anywhere. I also don't see the Jan- Michael Vincent film The World's Greatest Athlete. There are definitely some gaping holes in this deal.

No Midnight Madness either.