DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It says one season, but all the '90s Spider-Man episodes are there. Although, as Vile One pointed out, a few are out of order. 

Don't know about the other shows, but I wouldn't be shocked if that's also the case.

So there's 65 episodes under Season 1?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

So there's 65 episodes under Season 1?

Yep. 

FWIW, there are 26 episodes of the '90s Iron Man available right now, same amount listed on Wikipedia. So it looks like everything's there, just not perfectly organized. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

That would make sense. Daily cartoons in that era had 65 episodes a season, usually the first one, before often dropping back to 13 or 26. 

Except Spider-Man: TAS was not a daily cartoon. It was a Fox Kids Saturday morning cartoon divided into seasons. It wasn't just a single 65 episode season. The show ran from 1994 to 1998. 

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It says one season, but all the '90s Spider-Man episodes are there. Although, as Vile One pointed out, a few are out of order. 

Don't know about the other shows, but I wouldn't be shocked if that's also the case.

Unfortunate, and I hope they fix this at some point. 

I wonder if they had some unpaid interns encoding the animated shows to the app, lol. 

For any parents here, they did upload a family friendly edit for the original Avatar if that's a thing you might need. It's in the extras.

Edited by TheVileOne

Boy Meets World was the first thing I added to my watch list. When they were doing the college years stuff and Topenga and Cory getting married stuff I was always out running around with friends or going to punk shows so I never really got to see any of the end of that series. I assume Girl Meets World is on Disney+ as well. That's another I want to watch since I never watched any of that either.

Boy Meets World may be the first official DVDVR approved TV series. It's at least the first one I remember a lot of people here talking about.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2019 at 10:20 AM, Craig H said:

Boy Meets World was the first thing I added to my watch list. When they were doing the college years stuff and Topenga and Cory getting married stuff I was always out running around with friends or going to punk shows so I never really got to see any of the end of that series. I assume Girl Meets World is on Disney+ as well. That's another I want to watch since I never watched any of that either.

Boy Meets World may be the first official DVDVR approved TV series. It's at least the first one I remember a lot of people here talking about.

And between the Vader cameo and Topanga (Danielle Fisher I believe) being a wrestling fan it has the wrestling tie-ins to boot.  So I think you're absolutely correct on this one.  I need to check this out again when I get a chance.

EDIT:  Just saw the "Thrilla in Philly" episode and it's even better than I remember it.  Damn I love this app.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

On 11/13/2019 at 7:11 AM, Cliff Hanger said:

Watched the Gargoyles pilot, checked Spidey and his Amazing Friends and confirmed the Red Skull ep is missing

So weirdly the Red Skull episode from the 1981 Spider-Man series (same year, models, production staff, spidey at The Bugle instead-of college)  IS up, and said series is also the ONLY thing I've found on D+ without a warrented "Tobacco Depiction" warning, despite JJJ smoking like a chimney is every episode.

• Like 1