DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

6 hours ago, Raziel said:

Just bouncing around, and it looks like Incredible Hulk and the 2 Spider-man  movies are all that's missing from the Infinity Saga movies.   Everything isn't quite in the right search spots, so like, Solo doesn't show up in the Star Wars set and some Marvel stuff isn't showing up in the Marvel area.  So there are still kinks getting worked out.

• Infinity War: June 2020.
  • Black Panther: March 2020
  • Ragnarok: December 2019
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp: July 2020

These are mainly due to Netflix US. But besides those, yeah, it's just The Incredible Hulk and Homecoming/Far From Home, which were never going to be on here anyway.

The Last Jedi isn't on here until the day after Christmas due to Netflix. It appears even the Force Awakens doesn't have all of the bonus features from the DVD/blu-ray (mainly the documentary that you can find on YouTube), so I'm not too hopeful that The Last Jedi has the documentary in the Extras tab either. Which sucks, because it's supposed to be the best one due to Rian Johnson and Mark Hamill disagreeing a lot about his character and it explores their complicated relationship on-set.

I do like that it tells you specific dates for when movies will be available on the service, though (IE: Infinity War, listed above).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

How long should I expect to be waiting on Toy Story 4?

Sometime in 2020 - that's vague, I know. It doesn't pull up anything when you search it on here. I mean, it was just released on DVD/blu-ray/digital about a month ago, and they're still giving their movies time to breathe on physical media before they put it up on their streaming app.

• Thanks 1

If it was any time soon, it would return something in the search results and give a specific date when it'd be available.

The Lion King (2019) is the same way - just released on physical media a month ago, returns no search results.

This is pretty bitchin'. For some reason, the 5 part serial that started DuckTales, Treasure Of The Golden Suns is not in order. They stuck it in as episodes 37-41 of season 1 for some reason.

I am going fucking devour all the Disney Afternoon stuff with my boys. They are aware of DuckTales and Rescue Rangers because of my bootleg copies and the NES games, but none of the rest of it, so they'll get to enjoy Darkwing Duck and The Gummi Bears and TaleSpin and all that. I've never seen all of Gargoyles, so that's one that I am looking forward to. 

There is so much goddamn stuff here, it seems really daunting to even think about where I want to start. Silly Symphonies seems like as pretty great spot to start, and work it out from there. 

I searched for the Oswald The Lucky Rabbit stuff, but no go. That's one I'd love to be able to see in as decent a quality as exists. The Disney years might be all public domain stuff, though.

I guess I know what my family's TV watching is going to consist of until Opening Day comes around next year. 

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

This is pretty bitchin'. For some reason, the 5 part serial that started DuckTales, Treasure Of The Golden Suns is not in order. They stuck it in as episodes 37-41 of season 1 for some reason.

I am going fucking devour all the Disney Afternoon stuff with my boys. They are aware of DuckTales and Rescue Rangers because of my bootleg copies and the NES games, but none of the rest of it, so they'll get to enjoy Darkwing Duck and The Gummi Bears and TaleSpin and all that. I've never seen all of Gargoyles, so that's one that I am looking forward to. 

There is so much goddamn stuff here, it seems really daunting to even think about where I want to start. Silly Symphonies seems like as pretty great spot to start, and work it out from there. 

I searched for the Oswald The Lucky Rabbit stuff, but no go. That's one I'd love to be able to see in as decent a quality as exists. The Disney years might be all public domain stuff, though.

I guess I know what my family's TV watching is going to consist of until Opening Day comes around next year. 

It's always okay to be upset with incorrect DuckTales.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Yeah.  Here I thought I was mostly going to live in the Marvel and Nat Geo queues and the first thing I did on Disney+ Day One was binge watch Tale Spin and check out all of the Gargoyles episodes I missed over the years.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

I don't know bout the rest of you motherfuckers, but I am bouncing here and there and everywhere with some high adventure that's beyond compare and shit...

tenor.gif?itemid=13382696

My first watch was Candleshoe which I probably haven't seen since it was in the theaters. I feel a Dean Jones marathon coming up soon.

The first thing I watched was "Casting the MCU" extra on Endgame. I have no clue why, but it brought me information I had never heard of. Like Chris Pratt audition tape for Steve Rogers, or another audition tape for Chadwick Boseman as fucking DRAX. Then I watched a lot of extras on the MCU movies. Which led me to discover that most other movies on here only include deleted scenes as extras, whereas a good chunk of the Marvel ones have commentary, deleted scenes, mini-docs, etc. That's kinda weird, but whatever.

First series I watched proper was The World According to Jeff Goldblum. The first episode is about sneakerheads and the culture, so I immediately was 100% in on that episode.

First movie I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards Noelle, because it has Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader and you just can't go wrong with those two.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Casey said:

First movie I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning towards Noelle, because it has Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader and you just can't go wrong with those two.

First movie we saw was "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" which my wife went nuts over.  I got a kick out of it myself though the bed traveling scenes was quite trippy.

And after the initial issues with the app it looks like everything's working fine now.

• Like 2

Man, the placeholders can be frustrating if you're not paying attention.  "Ooh, Into the Woods isn't a great adaptation but it's good background...dammit it's a year away."

Watched the Gargoyles pilot, checked Spidey and his Amazing Friends and confirmed the Red Skull ep is missing, and loaded up my queue.  First movie will be Return to Oz, which I haven't seen since I was 7 and it scared me so much I hid in the bathroom so long my friend's mom sent a theatre employee to check on me.

• Like 2

My only complaint so far is that you can't sort your watchlist in any way. So it's in "last picked first shown" order, which is messy and annoying as hell. 

First up, The Mandalorian. Then some Gargoyles, probably. Then some X-men. Then Willow (gods I used to watch that all the time). Then --

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

My only complaint so far is that you can't sort your watchlist in any way. So it's in "last picked first shown" order, which is messy and annoying as hell. 

First up, The Mandalorian. Then some Gargoyles, probably. Then some X-men. Then Willow (gods I used to watch that all the time). Then --

Enjoy xxx

Enjoy all xxx

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

I literally have no idea where to start because there's so much content. Same for my daughter. You know when you go to a restaurant and the menu is massive and has a ton of good things on it and you can't make a decision because there's too much? Yeah, that's the dilemma here. She wound up watching Monster's Inc. last night (even though we own it) and she turned on Captain Marvel (even though we own it) this morning.

I'll probably watch Mandalorian tonight. We all agreed to have a movie night on Sunday and make some popcorn and watch Noelle. I mean, it stars Anna Kendrick and BILL HADER. I'm going to love it even if it's a piece of shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JLSigman said:

In the same vein as that, it seems like the Roku app at least doesn't track what you've watched.  I watched 5 episodes of Clone Wars last night, went to load it up this morning and it went right back to episode 1. 

Also ... I'm going to need some stronger coffee.

Edited by CSC
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Who else added Suite Life On Deck to their watchlist?

I didn't, but I did add Even Stevens (+ the movie), Lizzie McGuire (+ the movie) and Girl Meets World.

I've seen Boy Meets World so many times that I don't need to watch it, but I never caught GMW when it was airing.

EDIT: Don't know if it's been mentioned, but while I was adding some of the 90s Marvel animation shows to my watchlist, I came across the fact that Spider-Man and Iron Man only have one season each, when it should be 5 and 2 seasons respectively. Fantastic Four is in the same boat as Spider-Man (only one season available).

Edited by Casey