DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

I am seeing enough people tweeting about watching the Mandalorian that it seems that a lot of it might depend on the way you are trying to watch.

Or at least that things have settled down.

I did just remember that I could set my XBOX to download the app so it was waiting for me when I get home so I just did that.

Not that I necessarily will watch anything tonight but I will definitely poke around

Ah Twitter, a horde of people screaming without knowing (or believing when you tell them), that no matter how well you prepare for a launch, it takes a while for Load Balancers to get everything running optimally.

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

No Muppets Take Manhattan...

RAGE!  I WANT A REFUND!!!

On that note unless I'm not looking for the right thing I don't see the original Muppet Show.  Not sure if there was a rights issue or what but that's a bummer.  EDIT:  There is one after all so I'll have to get the DVDs instead.  I've also been able to find some original Disney shorts but it seems like there's a lot missing.  It's kind of strange but what can you do.

I will say though 10 minutes in but I'm loving The Mandalorian.  Can't go wrong with a good space cowboy show.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Just bouncing around, and it looks like Incredible Hulk and the 2 Spider-man  movies are all that's missing from the Infinity Saga movies.   Everything isn't quite in the right search spots, so like, Solo doesn't show up in the Star Wars set and some Marvel stuff isn't showing up in the Marvel area.  So there are still kinks getting worked out.

• Like 1

It's settled down, as I've gotten everything I've toyed with to load fine, and all the libraries are loading for the most part.  Only issue I see is some classification stuff (they look like they forgot tags to certain things), like Winter Soldier and Ragnarok not showing up in the Marvel group but are there in A-Z.

Well considering I am now stuck waiting for my car to be towed I am thinking I am not going to end up watching anything tonight.

I was able to make sure the app downloaded and I started adding things to the watchlist so that is a plus

• Like 1

I was sort of concerned when I went to D23 and they didn't know about all these shows being on there. So I'm happy many of the shows I wanted after paying $140 for three years are still there.

My basic thought was every classic Marvel 90s animated show and Disney Afternoon episode should be on here. Or anything Disney related. Like if you think of it, Disney+ should have it.

I haven't gone searching through it too much, but it seems to be on the right track. And Mandalorian's so good, I hope we get more in 2020 as well.

Edited by TheVileOne

22 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We have things up and running on the kid's tablet. We did upgrade the TV but my wife does not trust me to wall mount it so that is on hold.

The first thing that the seven-year turned on?

Aristocats

She’s a Gilbert fan?

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Since I got home we've been on a tear with the school afternoon shows like Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles. This is going to take over our lives.

My daughter has watched four episodes of The Little Mermaid series and one of Rescue Rangers.

• Like 1