DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm pretty sure nearly the entire MCU is missing.  I only saw a few titles.  But they'll put them up soon enough and Endgame is going up soon too. 

Endgame goes up in December. We've talked before about the MCU movies - I think in this thread or the (old?) Marvel thread. They're streaming on other places until next year and beyond, so the entire MCU won't be on Disney+ until at least 2021 most likely, if not later.

Netflix still has the most recent movies pre-Endgame, and USA just aired Ant-Man this past weekend. I'm pretty sure TBS has the rights to Guardians or something, maybe it's SyFy.

But it's also kind of weird, since I'm pretty sure Ant-Man is one of the movies that's on Disney+.

Edited by Casey

• 2 weeks later...

On November 12, Verizon will begin offering 12 months of Disney+ to all new and existing 4G LTE and 5G unlimited wireless customers.

New Verizon Fios Home Internet and 5G Home Internet customers can also enjoy 12 months of Disney+ on us.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

General reminder for here (or whatever thread they end up in) - not everyone is going to be able to binge watch every new show within the first 4 hours it hits the service so please be mindful of spoilers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I put it in the Streaming thread, because I'm an idiot and forgot this thread existed, but Disney and Amazon stopped the pissing contest temporarily to make a Fire TV app, so that's good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

I put it in the Streaming thread, because I'm an idiot and forgot this thread existed, but Disney and Amazon stopped the pissing contest temporarily to make a Fire TV app, so that's good.

A friend of mine is glad for that as well.  I'm good with using that or Chromecast depending on which one I fire up first.

I'm already thinking about what to watch first.  For new stuff I may give at least the first episode of Mandalorean a try.  Hell if I know what to start with for old stuff (Xmen cartoon or Gargoyles may be it but who knows)  But my wife wants to see "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" first thing so sure why not.

Since there's no new Marvel content (yet) and all of the MCU movies aren't available (yet)... I think I'm gonna wait until WandaVision is released. Marvel is legitimately the only reason I want Disney+ anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Today's big question is "can I remember my login and password 11 weeks later?"  First watch will probably be the Gargoyles pilot

Yeah, I'm checking this out for the Saturday morning cartoons from the '90s. And new Ducktales but I had just finished watching the second season.

After realizing my Verizon plan didn't get me the free year (it's not Unlimited, just a 6GB data plan) I said screw it and signed up for the trial.  So far it's pretty neat and I'm just going nuts adding stuff to my watchlist.  Seeing these in a Netflix-style format makes me incredibly happy.  Can't wait to fire this up while packing.  But like Raziel mentioned there's some UI issues where the home page on Android won't load or things won't add to Watchlist until you keep trying.  But for day one these things are to be expected.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Got my account set up and the app installed,  but I can't get anything to actually play in the app. This is on both my Roku as well as on my phone.  Keep getting connection errors. Launch day issues, I know, but my first 10 minutes so far have not been pleasant

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

Got my account set up and the app installed,  but I can't get anything to actually play in the app. This is on both my Roku as well as on my phone.  Keep getting connection errors. Launch day issues, I know, but my first 10 minutes so far have not been pleasant

As the various time zones woke up across America, you could see the servers starting to crumble. I'm'a give it a day or two.

• Like 2