DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

On 9/12/2019 at 9:28 PM, Casey said:

Fantastic Four (1994)

REED RICHARDS IS ELASTIC! SUE CAN SHRINK FROM SIGHT! JOHNNY IS THE HUMAN TORCH! THE THING JUST LIKES TO FIGHT! CALL FOR FOUR! doodoodedoodoodoodoo FANTASTIC FOUR!

Edited by BurningBeard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurningBeard said:

REED RICHARDS IS ELASTIC! SUE CAN SHRINK FROM SIGHT! JOHNNY IS THE HUMAN TORCH! THE THING JUST LIKES TO FIGHT! CALL FOR FOUR! doodoodedoodoodoodoo FANTASTIC FOUR!

Well, now I know what's going to be in my head all day:

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I've never heard of Defenders of the Earth before, but holy shit is that just a massive ripoff of GI Joe or what?

Or what?

It's old comic strip characters with distinctly different powers(magic even!)/backgrounds + kids vs Ming the Merciless.

There's literally zero overlap to Gi Joe. 

• Like 4

On 9/12/2019 at 9:28 PM, Casey said:

So they confirmed that the following animated Marvel series will be on here from Day 1:

• X-Men (1992)
  • Spider-Man (1994)
  • Spider-Woman (1979)
  • Spider-Man (1981)
  • Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (1981)
  • Iron Man (1994)
  • Fantastic Four (1994)
  • Incredible Hulk (1996)
  • Silver Surfer (1998)
  • Spider-Man Unlimited (1999)

And I'm pretty sure Gargoyles was confirmed to be available on Day 1, too.

EDIT: It also released two months early in the Netherlands, and it's free until November. It's said to be a little bare bones compared to stuff like Netflix (well, duh) but well worth the price point come November. They listed the Marvel movies available, but I'm pretty sure that's region specific since they had something like 15 MCU movies already, when it's been confirmed that the US will only get those handful of odd movies, like The Dark World and Iron Man 3.

I am. Iron Man. 

I. Am. Iron Man. 

I am. Iron Mannnnnnn!!!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I rewatched some of X-Men a couple years ago and yeah, doesn't hold up. But that theme song is still awesome.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'll try really hard to not tell you that the main riff sounds just like Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight."  Because it's just like when you think Ruby Rose is hot and somebody tells you she looks just like a young Leo DiCaprio.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'll try really hard to not tell you that the main riff sounds just like Whitney Houston's "I'm Your Baby Tonight."

Not sure if you're intent was to make that sound like a bad thing.  But I can't un-hear that comparison now and I think I like it a lot more because of it.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, Matt D said:

Or what?

It's old comic strip characters with distinctly different powers(magic even!)/backgrounds + kids vs Ming the Merciless.

There's literally zero overlap to Gi Joe. 

Yeah, it's pretty much the what the Avengers would look like if it was made out of the old school King Features Syndicate comic strip and animated cartoon characters..

Edited by J.T.

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Because I watched the new South Park last night

3348399035_127b7f8e12.jpg

Some version of the SP Mouse needs to show up every time they do something that's gonna make you guys mad

The Ring! One of the best South Park episodes ever. I couldn't believe what they did with Mickey Mouse. Ha-ha!

Edited by The Natural

American Dad and Family Guy won't be on Disney+, according to Bob Iger (just simply saying "no" when asked about it). So it looks like The Simpsons is the only one making its way to the service. Not sure about stuff like Bob's Burgers, but I'm assuming it'll stay on Hulu like American Dad and Family Guy.

Not that big of a surprise, since we all assumed the more adult oriented stuff would stay on Hulu.

Thanks for your Gargoyles tweet, which alerted me to their thread. 

They seem to be going in chronological order, one show/movie per tweet, so it’s going to be a long thread. It also says pre-ordering is available now.

Edited by JonnyLaw

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Why would I need to pre-order a monthly subscription based streaming service?

So you forget you have it when it launches and your week trial expires before you realize, thus putting you on the hook for the first month.

Either that or they expect the first day will be a mess when it comes to sign-ups.