DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

So, if you think you definitely are going to be long time subscriber to this, Disney has a hell of a limited time deal: join their D23 fan club (even on the free tier), sign up by September 2, and commit to three years, and they'll only charge you $140.97. A bit under $4 a month.

For comparison sake, a year of Netflix at the lowest tier ends up being $156.

• Like 1

I went ahead and did the Founder's Circle deal mainly for Mandalorian and hopes that all the Disney Afternoon library and 90s Marvel shows will get added in there at some point. 

I already get ESPN+ for UFC, but hulu doesn't appeal to me at all. Their UI is still not good.

So I noticed that due to the Fox acquisition, The Simpsons will be on Disney +.  I've been trying to find a decent list of what other non-new, non-Disney (originally) t.v. shows might be on it. do they own everything from Fox, like say 21 Jump St. or 90210? 

In all seriousness, if the entire Fox Network lineup from 1988 to 1995 showed up, this would be the deal of my lifetime.

Disney has cancelled the planned new Muppets series "Muppets Live Another Day"

Despite being featured in recent promos for the service, the cancellation comes after a clash of vision between Disney brass and writer/executive producer Josh Gad and Once Upon a Time creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis. The show would have been a direct followup to 1984’s The Muppets Take Manhattan, with Kermit trying to get the gang back together to find a lost Rowlf.

The new Muppets variety show is still a go

So they confirmed that the following animated Marvel series will be on here from Day 1:

• X-Men (1992)
  • Spider-Man (1994)
  • Spider-Woman (1979)
  • Spider-Man (1981)
  • Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (1981)
  • Iron Man (1994)
  • Fantastic Four (1994)
  • Incredible Hulk (1996)
  • Silver Surfer (1998)
  • Spider-Man Unlimited (1999)

And I'm pretty sure Gargoyles was confirmed to be available on Day 1, too.

EDIT: It also released two months early in the Netherlands, and it's free until November. It's said to be a little bare bones compared to stuff like Netflix (well, duh) but well worth the price point come November. They listed the Marvel movies available, but I'm pretty sure that's region specific since they had something like 15 MCU movies already, when it's been confirmed that the US will only get those handful of odd movies, like The Dark World and Iron Man 3.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I mean X-Men animated series is something I'll probably watch through again right away. 

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

I can't imagine ever watching that again. Some things just don't age well.

I bought the first X-Men season on amazon not long ago. There is a bit of nostalgia there, but not a lot. I will never forgive them for Rogue's voice. Rogue was my absolute favorite as a strapping teen of the Jim Lee X-Men era. 

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yall are killing me. I loved that show, every weekend. I hope it holds up 

I know how you feel. I still love the show, but I have to be honest and say after having re-watched it several years ago it does not hold up. There are still a bunch of nice moments and characterizations, but the animation, occasionally weak writing, and rules of censorship they had to follow keep it from reaching its full potential. 90s Spider-man has similar issues though its stronger in plotting. Actually that one is kind of weird in retrospect since it has tons of build and layering that I can only recall a few shows back then getting then.

Edited by Eivion