DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I watch Home Alone every Christmas.  It's still awesome. I don't think they can recapture the magic of that movie. The sequel is cool too. 

The sequels get progressively worse. Although iirc, a very young ScarJo has a small role in the third one.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Cheaper By The Dozen is perfect as is, goddamnit!

Which version?

• 2 weeks later...

These are the devices that will support Disney+ at launch

Apple TV
Android devices, including Android TV
Chromecast
iOS and iPadOS
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro
Roku devices, including smart TVs with the Roku TV OS
Web browsers via disneyplus.com
Xbox One consoles, including the Xbox One S and One X

As noticed - no Amazon or Nintendo products

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I tend to forget that if Disney didn’t get Star Wars, or Marvel, their live-action input today would be no better than Hallmark Channel’s.

I mean pre-Marvel they did have Pirates of the Caribbean. 

28 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I mean pre-Marvel they did have Pirates of the Caribbean. 

Whoo-boy... Those sequels really killed my interest in the rest of that series. First one is still great, though.

Back on topic, but that Mandalorian trailer peeked my interest. I haven’t given two shits about Star Wars after Force Awakens, but I’d always been into the idea of a Boba Fett bounty hunter show that explores the untapped gritty Cyberpunk scenery of Star Wars. Fans have had a negative reaction to having a series of films about an anti-hero, but Star Wars needs this to branch the series out to different demos that might be attracted to this kind of tone.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Fans have had a negative reaction to having a series of films about an anti-hero

Star-Wars-Han-Solo-Leather-Vest-Jacket.p

Star Wars movies work best with an anti-hero. Heroic heroes are boring in this universe.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Star-Wars-Han-Solo-Leather-Vest-Jacket.p

Star Wars movies work best with an anti-hero. Heroic heroes are boring in this universe.

Han pretty much ceased to be an anti-hero near the end of the first movie, though.

• Like 1

At the start of Empire he said the only reason he was still at the Rebel base was because he hadn't been paid yet (he was lying; The only reason he was there was because he was hoping to get off with Leia). Basically every decision he made after that was arguably motivated by self preservation.