DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yikes.  3 of the worst ones.  But there's some good movies in there otherwise and The Simpsons is there and The Mandalorian

I know you really want to revisit Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain Marvel ;). 

Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World make up the bottom MCU movies along with Iron Man 2.

Edited by The Natural

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I like all of the Iron Man movies. 

I liked 2 more than I remembered when I revisited it a year or two back. It's you a bit of a problem with spending too much time setting up other movies, but it's better than I recalled.

• Like 1

Thor 2 isn't awful. Comparatively, it's probably one of the worst MCU movies, but it's certainly OK and definitely watchable. It's not a movie I'll ever say, "hey, you know what I want to watch? Thor 2," but if it were on TV and I were bored or sick with a migraine I probably wouldn't turn it off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Man, Iron Man 3 is way better than you guys give it credit for.

Iron Man 3 is better once you stop asking, "what the hell did they do that for?"  If you have any history with any of the characters, it's very hard to stop asking that question.  It's not terrible, but it is a movie that subverts expectations in all the wrong ways.  

• Like 1

I'm fine with the Trevor misdirect and I like the plot with Tony having PTSD. I think ultimately the ending was hollow since he went right back to the Iron Man suit like we all thought he would.

That said, I would have preferred if Trevor were the Mandarin and we didn't get Killian as the main villain. At least have Killian be a weapon for the Mandarin.

But again, as it is, it was fine. 

I just know there was a massive disconnect between the audience I saw and the online audience over the Trevor thing. The theater I was in, you couldn't hear half the dialogue because of how hard everyone was laughing. Other than Hulk/Loki, I don't remember anything from the MCU getting a better reaction.

I thought it was brilliant. The third act battle was dull, but that's been true for probably 2/3's of the MCU

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

I know you really want to revisit Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain Marvel ;). 

Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World make up the bottom MCU movies along with Iron Man 2.

Yes,  I like to walk on broken shards of glass in my spare time too  ?

But seriously,   as long as they keep the price at seven bucks I'm gonna be in.  

• Like 1

I own Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy,  Black Panther,  Winter Soldier,  The Avengers,  Avengers: Age of Ultron (this was a Christmas gift smh),   Infinity War and a couple others.   I have End Game on pre-order. 

But I've never thought to myself man I need to complete this set of MCU movies because I just can't rationalize buying the rest that I will never watch again. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 1:08 AM, Brian Fowler said:

The kid was annoying as shit

Guy Pierce was the second worst MCU villain ever (hello Christopher Eccleston)

The Mandarin swerve can go fuck itself. 

That said I would still rather watch IM3 than Thor: The Dark World. Yeesh was that a turd. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 3:08 AM, Brian Fowler said:

IM3 and Thor 2 are the only MCU films I have not seen; I was so fatigued after Avengers that I just was not interested till Winter Soldier. Guess at some point I'll finally see 'em

On 7/26/2019 at 10:43 PM, BrianS81177 said:

The kid was annoying as shit

Guy Pierce was the second worst MCU villain ever (hello Christopher Eccleston)

The Mandarin swerve can go fuck itself. 

That said I would still rather watch IM3 than Thor: The Dark World. Yeesh was that a turd. 

It's such a shame the Mandarin twist happened in Iron Man 3. The Mandarin was credibly reworked as a terrorist leader of a terrorist group, Sir. Ben Kingsley was menacing in the part. I sometimes revisit the trailers and the first half of Iron Man 3 to see him. All that undone by the twist meaning another businessman with a Tony Stark grudge, Aldrich Killian. Killian is a sizeable step down from what we believed was the Mandarin. So frustrating. With you on the rest.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

That's why I felt the twist was ridiculous. It wasn't just the bait and switch with the Mandarin.  I could have lived with it if they presented a cool villain in place of Mandarin but what we got was yet another angry tech guy pissed at Stark.  3 movies in a row with essentially the same villain.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's why I felt the twist was ridiculous. It wasn't just the bait and switch with the Mandarin.  I could have lived with it if they presented a cool villain in place of Mandarin but what we got was yet another angry tech guy pissed at Stark.  3 movies in a row with essentially the same villain.  

And now 5 movies if you count Vulture and Mysterio.

• Like 1

Its been a while since I saw IM3, but I don't remember Piece's character actually being pissed at Stark per say so much as taking the asshole stuff Stark told him years ago to heart in reinventing himself. Otherwise it was more money and stealing tech. Wasn't the biggest reason they went after Tony because he had been dumb and arrogant enough to call the Mandarin out?

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

And now 5 movies if you count Vulture and Mysterio.

True but they at least had some flavor to them.  I just hate that most things revolve around Stark because they are starting to do the Star Wars thing where it's a big universe or supposed to be but let's just focus on this small collection of characters. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its been a while since I saw IM3, but I don't remember Piece's character actually being pissed at Stark per say so much as taking the asshole stuff Stark told him years ago to heart in reinventing himself.

I'm pretty sure Stark left him outside to freeze his balls off. 

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2019 at 6:06 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I own Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy,  Black Panther,  Winter Soldier,  The Avengers,  Avengers: Age of Ultron (this was a Christmas gift smh),   Infinity War and a couple others.   I have End Game on pre-order. 

But I've never thought to myself man I need to complete this set of MCU movies because I just can't rationalize buying the rest that I will never watch again. 

Only ones I don't have on DVD are Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk and Captain Marvel. The first two are bottom tier MCU movies and I have no wish to see Captain Marvel again. The other two worst MCU offerings I own, Iron Man 3 as my Dad really likes it and Thor: The Dark World I missed on release as my dear Mum was very poorly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even before the Disney acquisition of Fox was completed we knew that the company was developing TV reboots of some of its classic properties. Now, speaking on the Company’s quarterly earnings call, Disney CEO Bob Iger has confirmed a group of Fox properties that will be rebooted for the Disney+ platform, one of the first uses by Disney of their new IPs.

Among the titles confirmed by Iger are Home Alone, Cheaper by the Dozen, Night at the Museum and Diary of a Wimpy Kid (the later two of which were previously said to be in the works). It’s unclear if these new “remakes/reimaginings” will be series or features.