DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I don't disagree with this but I thought Haunted Mansion was the best Muppet thing in a while. I like how they overlaid elements of the show (like the dance segments) into the Mansion and the plot. Both kids were pretty into it (range of 4 and 9) which is not usually the case for Muppet things.

My 2-year-old dipped out right away, but the 6-year-old enjoyed it and asked to watch The Muppet Movie afterwards. She usually sticks to Muppet Babies so that was encouraging. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 3:10 AM, TheVileOne said:

Finished Season 1 of Turner & Hooch. Not sure if it will get picked up for more, by no means great TV but it was at least easy viewing. Also Brandon Jay McLaren getting more work and he was really good on the show.

Is it at least as good as the first Turnner & Hooch TV pilot?

James

23 hours ago, colonial said:

HOME SWEET HOME ALONE

So ... are Disney+ films eligible for Razzie nominations?

What even is this? A parody? A lifetime movie? It feels like it should be filled with canned laughter. 

Why would you make Aisling Bea, a very funny woman with a delicious Irish accent attempt an accent that is not her own? Why does the kid look like he is breaking the 4th wall everytime he talks? 

At least Buzz is back as the cop I guess?

I'm actually mystified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter is watching The Ghost and Molly McGee, and it’s weirding me out a little too much that the voice of the titular ghost is Mastershake, not as in I recognize the voice actor, as in he’s 100% doing Mastershake’s voice for the character.

That said, I’m now in the mood to rewatch some old ATHF.

12 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

My daughter is watching The Ghost and Molly McGee, and it’s weirding me out a little too much that the voice of the titular ghost is Mastershake, not as in I recognize the voice actor, as in he’s 100% doing Mastershake’s voice for the character.

That said, I’m now in the mood to rewatch some old ATHF.

That show is fine and the songs are particularly well done, but as a parent watching this stuff with his kids, I feel like they're edging too far into the slice of life stuff after Star vs Forces of Evil, Ducktales, and Owl House (Which is getting a small S3 and then done). That's probably what draws, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AxB said:

Disney+ is £1.99 for one month if you sub today. It's Disney Plus day apparently.

Yeah, to mark Disney Plus day, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has debuted on it. Just finished the film and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, to mark Disney Plus day, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has debuted on it. Just finished the film and really enjoyed it.

I was hoping Free Guy would be released today too, but it's apparently going to HBO before it goes to Disney+ because it was originally slated to be a FOX film. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I was hoping Free Guy would be released today too, but it's apparently going to HBO before it goes to Disney+ because it was originally slated to be a FOX film. 

That the Ryan Reynolds video game one? I thought it was coming to or on Disney +. Heard that's one to watch.

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

That the Ryan Reynolds video game one? I thought it was coming to or on Disney +. Heard that's one to watch.

I think in the US that HBO has a first rights to it because it was part of the FOX acquisition. Obviously in the UK that's going to be different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Robert Zemeckis' Disney+-exclusive live-action Pinocchio has been announced as having a "fall 2022" release date.

I was foolishly hoping for a trailer today.

The cast actually caught my curiosity. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't have done much for me.