DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

Black Widow and Cruella will be released in theaters and as Disney+ Premier movies.  Pixar’s Luca will skip theaters and will be a regular Disney+ release.

We did end up getting Raya. My daughter liked it.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

November 12:

Disney+ Day will feature content premieres from all of the marquee brands on service, including:

• The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios' "Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings"
  • The beloved Disney family-friendly adventure film "Jungle Cruise," available to all subscribers
  • The new Disney+ Original movie "Home Sweet Home Alone," a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
  • An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called "Olaf Presents," which sees Frozen's beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
  • The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including "Frozen Fever," Oscar®-winning shorts "Feast" and "Paperman," Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, "Get A Horse!" and more
  • An animated short film "Ciao Alberto" from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer's animated hit breakout film "Luca"
  • A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+'s marquee brands
  • The first five episodes from season 2 of "The World According to Jeff Goldblum" from National Geographic
  • A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars' legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
  • A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
  • "Dopesick," an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I know WHY you posted the trailer but it still makes me giggle seeing the Hulu tag in the Disney+ thread (and yes I know Disney owns the majority stake in Hulu)

From the blurb, I don't think we're getting this on D+ immediately in the States. I don't know if it'll be launched on Hulu instead or what.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

From the blurb, I don't think we're getting this on D+ immediately in the States. I don't know if it'll be launched on Hulu instead or what.

I saw the trailer a few weeks ago - in the states it will be on Hulu

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but on Disney there is this show "Only Murders In The Building", it's a light entertainment crime comedy starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

It's just something I put on for 30 mins every week while I eat my dinner, but the most recent episode was really good because it was entirely silent, mostly coming from the point of view of a deaf character. Really put it into perspective how difficult a lot of life would be without actually hearing voices or other noises. Anyway I just wanted to put the show over for doing something different for one episode.

• Like 2

We've been bingeing it lately. It's a fun show. I don't think I've seen too much of Selena Gomez, but she seems like a poor actor here, all unexpressive and monotone. That might just be how she's playing the character, because I assume coming from the Disney TV sitcom world (I think?) she'd have to have been bouncy and peppy before.

I found the episode in question a bit too gimmicky tbh. I'm glad someone is trying something different, but I guess I found it a bit too goofy to have silence in scenes where the deaf character wasn't present at all.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:17 PM, (BP) said:

The new Kermit performer really sucks. 

I don't disagree with this but I thought Haunted Mansion was the best Muppet thing in a while. I like how they overlaid elements of the show (like the dance segments) into the Mansion and the plot. Both kids were pretty into it (range of 4 and 9) which is not usually the case for Muppet things.

• Like 1