DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

The scary thing is that Rubio is actually a pretty really good defender. Whether because Houston has made excellent adjustments, Utah doesn't have the right personnel, or a combination there of, the "force Harden left" strategy is going down in flames.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I see that Scott Foster has been sent in to fix the Golden State / Clippers Series.

Which quarter does Beverley get ejected?

So far it has been the exact opposite from what I expected.  I've never seen superstar players get less of a benefit of the doubt as the Warriors have gotten so far.  Patrick Beverly seemingly has to slap somebody to get called for a foul.  This is just plain strange to watch.

I find it quite hilarious that Jared Dudley might have saved the Sixers season.

It shouldn’t take being shitted on by a fat benchwarmer to get going, but Ben Simmons is awake now.  

These last two games have been the best team defense performance out of the Sixers all year, and this last one was without their best defender.  It starts with Simmons, but even JJ Redick of all people is fighting through screens.

The defensive upside of a team anchored by Embiid with Simmons and Butler on the wings is championship level legit.  Haven’t seen it all year really, but it’s for sure the highest of ceilings.. 

Edited by Jrag

Discussion:

When bad refereeing happens, what's worse:

1) ticky tack bullshit fouls against one team but not the other, or

2) swallowing whistles on obvious fouls on one team but not the other?

Obviously, the worst is when it's ticky tack bullshit fouls against one team, and the other team doesn't get anything called against them. 

I think when they're not calling obvious fouls the game can get dangerous.  For example, player drives down the lane for a layup, gets bodied out of bounds.  no call.  Next time down, hit him harder, they ain't gonna call it.  It can escalate.  And it can be demoralizing and throw off your rhythm if you're getting bumped every time you take a shot. 

Blake's back and playing decently. Giannis has had foul trouble. Detroit is at home.

Or course Andre is 2-10 for the floor and playing one of his worst games all year while Detroit gets blown out.

Holy shit that was the ugliest game I’ve ever seen. Harden missed his first 15 shots! Royce O’Neale tackles him out of bounds on a fast break. Felt like both teams shot just horrible for most of the game.

and yet, Harden goes for 14 in the fourth and the Rockets win. 

Amazing.

On 4/13/2019 at 2:44 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I feel like nothing will surprise me in Denver/San Antonio. Either team sweeping the other, either team winning a long series, anything in-between. It could just go anyway.

And four games in, I still have no idea about this series

I didn't feel I needed to comment much on the Celtics series.  With or without Oladipo the Pacers weren't going to make much noise in the series.   Now that it's a sweep,  Celtics will turn their attention most likely against the Bucks.  The MVP.  The team with the best record in the league.  This will be very interesting. 

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't feel I needed to comment much on the Celtics series.  With or without Oladipo the Pacers weren't going to make much noise in the series.   Now that it's a sweep,  Celtics will turn their attention most likely against the Bucks.  The MVP.  The team with the best record in the league.  This will be very interesting. 

How do you figure? You don't think having a great two-way player like Oladipo would make a difference when all four games were pretty close?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

How do you figure? You don't think having a great two-way player like Oladipo would make a difference when all four games were pretty close?

No, I think he'd have made a difference but I don't think he is the difference between a sweep and the Pacers winning the series.  I'd give the Pacers a game or maybe two... but probably just a game. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

1 hour ago, _MJ_ said:

Besides following the OKC/Portland series, I'm ready to skip to the 2nd round.

Yeah, we're looking at three straight first round Thunder exits now.  Westbrook is really becoming an offensive liability.  Horrible second half.  This might be the end of Billy Donovan if they lose, I don't know what else they do that potentially makes them better for next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _MJ_ said:

Besides following the OKC/Portland series, I'm ready to skip to the 2nd round.

Slight shade to the Spurs/Nuggets series, but yeah...

Sixers/Nets has also been worthwhile. Really disappointed with the Jazz.