DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Those stats are cool, but using the same data, you'll see that he didn't make a shot beyond 35 feet all season. So that shot technically wasn't good for Dame until just last night.

Regardless, I thought George was playing too soft anyway. 

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Dame has elevated himself into a top 5-6 position in the league.  He was 1st team All-NBA last season and dragged the Blazers to a much better record than they had any right to have even though they had a rough series.  This year basically the same thing.   You can say that LeBron,  KD,  Harden and Greek Freak are better. Steph too.  But he's on the Anthony Davis,  Kawhi Leonard tier for me. I think he's better than Westbrook and Kyrie.  

A little too high for me, but I have no problem having Dame as the clear cut 3rd best guard in the league.  

Right below the Kawhi/AD/Embiid tier is where I would have him overall.  Those guys are freaks on both sides of the ball.

What a bounce back from Portland after that beat down in the first round last year.  I’ve grown to really like CJ because of his podcast (even though Howard Schultz dipshit kid is involved.)

Interesting snapshot of the first round through the player efficiency lens:

Top 5 in PER:

1. Embiid - 39.4

2. Giannis - 31.6

3. Durant - 29.7

4. Kawhi - 28.9

5. Bledsoe - 28.7

Tells me two things. 1. The Nets going super small wasn’t a great idea.  2. Embiid doing this on a bum knee should terrify the rest of the East. If his knee continues to improve I think they can pull it off in round 2.

Edited by Jrag

Hats off to Lou Williams,  Montrezl Harrell, Patrick Beverley and the rest of the Clippers they are MEN.  Making the Warriors look soft and foolish.  If Kawhi goes there this Summer that is going to be a team to watch.  Also,  Doc Rivers is still one of the best coaches around.  

Also hats off to Pop and the Spurs.  Heading into a game 7 with Denver.  Pop is the GOAT. 

• Like 1

I am really hyped for Blazers/Nuggets more than any of the other series. That is going to be a really fun watch between two of the cult teams among NBA dorks. I realized watching Spurs/Nuggets that I really did not watch enough Nuggets games this year. They remind me a lot of the Spurs team that beat The Heatles in how great they are at moving the ball. They also play that way and are ridiculously young. Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley are only 22! Jokic (who is unreal) and Gary Harris are 24!  They're going to be a problem for the next half decade. 

How long has Dame been (at least) everyone's second favorite player? That backcourt is really special. I love that they didn't break up the team last year and just stayed the course. They might get rewarded with a WCF trip. And they gave us one the handful of greatest moments in NBA history. 

• Like 1