DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Sixers/Nets has also been worthwhile. Really disappointed with the Jazz. 

I found the off court stuff slightly amusing (I can only get as high as slightly amusing for any basketball feud involving Jared Dudley), but Joel being injured/not a 100 percent is kind turning me off on them.  At least it forces Brett Brown to play to Ben Simmons' strengths and see if this guy can actually go consistently.

Watching Westbrook in the next game is going to be intriguing and entertaining no matter how it turns out.  Not sure where the Thunder go from here if they get bounced in the 1st round again.

We're all waiting for Warriors/Rockets next round, obviously, but Celtics/Bucks has some interesting consequences too.

Edited by _MJ_

If Oladipo was healthy and playing Boston in a series I would expect the Celtics to win in 5 or 6.

Thing is though, if Oladipo was healthy there is a good chance we would be watching a 2-2 dogfight between Philly and Boston right now in round 1.  

Sucks that he got hurt, but I’m happy we are getting an absolutely loaded 2nd round in the East.

Westbrook's performance brings up two big concerns. The obvious one about right now, winning in the playoffs etc, but also: how badly will he age? He's a freak athlete, but he can't shoot... And they are on the hook for $47 million in his age 33 season. That could be ugly.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Man, if only Blake Griffin could stay healthy. Guy is pretty good at basketball.

There were stretches this year the Pistons looked like a borderline contender in the East. And others where they looked like a good odds lottery team. They desperately need better wings, but I don't know where they'll get them.

You should be able to do something with a core of Griffin, Drummond, and maybe Reggie Jackson but yeah... how?

And how far has Eric Bledsoe come in one year? Lost his damn mind last year and is now a star player with game breaking capability. We'll see if he can exercise his demons vs. the Celtics in a bit here. Terry fucking Rozier.

Jackson really struggled this year. And I like Drummond a lot, but he's never really proven he can seriously help a team win.

I still maintain they should've done a soft tank when Blake hurt his knee, just those last couple of weeks, and prayed for lottery luck.

• Like 1

Meh. Rockets wanted to close it out at home. They looked tired.

I saw that Detroit was up at halftime. I went out and came back and saw that the Bucks shot 40 free throws and the Pistons only had 12. Giannis has 20! 

All he does is travel and shoot free throws.

4 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Dame Lillard with 50 points and wins the series on a 40-foot bomb with Paul George on him, then turns to the OKC bench and coldly waves goodbye. All-time great badass moment. 

I absolutely can not think of a more humiliating way for the Thunder to go out than for a game that they dominate, Westbrook gets his triple-double, and then of course falls apart when it matters, and then loses on a near half-court shot that Lillard has been all but announcing through the PA that he's about to launch.

Thunder had NO business losing that game.  They still did.  The BYE BYE pretty much confirms how much respect Russ has.  You know who that was directed at.

• Like 2

Pretty good night of sports on the west coast between this and the San Jose Sharks game. That was so cold blooded. Of all the guys who take too many shots, Dame Lillard is my favourite. 

I think Dame has elevated himself into a top 5-6 position in the league.  He was 1st team All-NBA last season and dragged the Blazers to a much better record than they had any right to have even though they had a rough series.  This year basically the same thing.   You can say that LeBron,  KD,  Harden and Greek Freak are better. Steph too.  But he's on the Anthony Davis,  Kawhi Leonard tier for me. I think he's better than Westbrook and Kyrie.  

• Like 1

So happy Damian Lillard finally had his moment. Dude has been killing it for years and sometimes it's like he doesn't exist. 

Now he can say he has one of the most badass shots in the history of the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Westbrook is a fraud and should just give back his MVP.

I'm sure there are decisions that have aged worse than picking him(and Ibaka) over Harden ,but its a very short list. . . .

Paul George isn't wrong. It was a very low percentage shot(in a game where Lillard was hitting lots of low percentage shots.). Dame didn't have anything to lose chucking it from out there either. Game was tied.

But he hit it. And waved bye bye. So it's amazing.

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Paul George isn't wrong. It was a very low percentage shot(in a game where Lillard was hitting lots of low percentage shots.). Dame didn't have anything to lose chucking it from out there either. Game was tied.

But he hit it. And waved bye bye. So it's amazing.

Deadspin: They Are All Good Shots For Damian Lillard, You Absolute Fool