DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

I dunno if CIMA is full time, per se. He's got his own promotion (and school?) to run as well. It was nice though, on BTE when the Young Bucks were showing pics from when they actually were young. Time for a name change, lads. You're in your thirties now (well, Nick won't be 30 until the end of July, but YKWIM, yeah?).

If their neices they bought the trampoline for wind up getting into the biz, will they team up as the Young Does, or just the Even Younger Bucks?

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

I dunno if CIMA is full time, per se. He's got his own promotion (and school?) to run as well. It was nice though, on BTE when the Young Bucks were showing pics from when they actually were young. Time for a name change, lads. You're in your thirties now (well, Nick won't be 30 until the end of July, but YKWIM, yeah?).

If their neices they bought the trampoline for wind up getting into the biz, will they team up as the Young Does, or just the Even Younger Bucks?

If Shawn Michaels can still get away with being called the Heartbreak Kid, I think the Young Bucks get a pass. 

• Like 6

On 4/15/2019 at 1:46 AM, Oyaji said:

I do wonder what their house show schedule will look like. And I imagine that TV is only going to feature maybe half or two-thirds of the roster every week, so that could help too. But, yeah, brother cannot be doing the bumps he was taking throughout the Ethan Page feud in EVOLVE a few years back on the reg. It's a good thing he can work a hybrid lucha libre/indie style pretty damn perfectly. I'm more interested in which way they go with his character though because he has such high potential in that regard. Guy lives the gimmick.  And it'll be awesome to see him grow in storylines rather than working the indie dream matches without a lot of context. Like I need to see him wrestle Pentagon but with some background storytelling going on about how they are both willing to basically die in the ring and show... zero fear. 

My guess is they'll do weekly TV, and farm out their house shows to indies- with some weekends being reserved for tours/specials/PPVs.

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Somebody asked one of the Bucks on Twitter what their team would be called when they got older, and the answer was "The Young Bucks"

The Candance/Joey bit from BTE legit had me howling. A random selection of fans and wrestling stars asking Joey "what happened to that blonde girl you used to tag with," him staring forlornly had a Candance doll and then Allie telling him he needed to get his act together. 

It's pretty hilarious they're running an angle based on someone under contract to WWE. The payoff has to be Joey getting a new tag team partner. Maybe Penelope?

Also, always curious to see the cameos on BTE and if it means anything moving forward.

Oh, and the The Librarian payoff was pretty funny.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2019 at 2:07 AM, TheVileOne said:

Streaming live events on B/R is something I can't take seriously. 

Watched Phil Mickelson vs Tiger Woods on there with my buddies a few months ago (they're the golf fans not me for the record) and the production seemed like a bit of a shit show. The Wikipedia article goes into more detail:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Match:_Tiger_vs._Phil

On 4/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, matt925 said:

You know there’s a very specific reason they choose the grand garden arena right? They initially booked the t-mobile arena with a 20k capacity (which they clearly would have sold out) and then they were informed that if the Vegas nhl team makes it that far in the playoffs and end up with a home game scheduled on the 25th, aew would get bumped and that would be like a 1-2 week notice for their first ever show. So they played it safe and booked the garden. It would have been much cooler and more impressive if they could have done t-mobile arena. 

It would've been great in the bigger building, but I actually kinda love the fact that it's in what I consider to be a WCW building from the Havocs they did there. Just a fun little matter of happenstance.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:03 PM, Web Conn said:

I've seen Darby Allin a few times in Seattle for Defy. He's a Seattle Area native himself btw, I like his style it's that Cactus Jack style were the wrestling is dialed up to a couple knothes. Plus his entrance when I saw him was really cool, some guy ragged him out in a body bag. Does he still do that? I hope he keeps doing that.

Never seen him wrestle, but my God your post makes me want to seek out every match I can find of his.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:49 AM, Phil4126 said:

This is real?

Sorry Phil I quoted this by accident, and am on mobile so I can't delete it, so I'm just going to say that I had a dream awhile ago that someone stupidly did a fencing response and vomited as a sell job for a head blow on an indie and we were all talking about it here. Somehow I don't think that's what happened but if it is that's weird cause this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Edit: I'm sorry for the length of this post, I just found out about the new AEW thread when it was mentioned somewhere else here and I missed a lot

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

@Zakk_Sabbath I don't know what evolve show it was I think it was Orlando Mania Weekend that I remember reading Darby was hitting dropkicks from inside a bodybag. I couldn't find footage but i found some other crazy clips

Yeah, those bodybag bumps are from WM 33 weekend.

He also got press slammed over the top rope in a bodybag by Ethan Page during that WM weekend.

I was there for all the wild Darby matches from MLW. His craziest bumps there where when Sami Callihan darted him off the top rope into that GILT Night Club gold wall and when Joey Janela threw him off that wall into a stack of chairs in the ring.

26 minutes ago, EVA said:

I’m not sure why they need Jimmy Havoc anymore.  Darby does the goth gimmick better and is better in the ring.  Seems like a redundancy.

My Chemical Romace 3-ring Binder on a pole match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, EVA said:

I’m not sure why they need Jimmy Havoc anymore.  Darby does the goth gimmick better and is better in the ring.  Seems like a redundancy.

There's always the opportunity to team them down the line.