DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

The bikini photo shoots for outside the ring promotion is fine to me as long as the actual in-ring product is presented in a serious way come bell time. The Japan photo books have been around for over 20 years now, shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if those were even Brandi's idea since she comes from the modeling world.

38 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

The bikini photo shoots for outside the ring promotion is fine to me as long as the actual in-ring product is presented in a serious way come bell time. The Japan photo books have been around for over 20 years now, shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if those were even Brandi's idea since she comes from the modeling world.

Yeah, I’ve assumed that. Brandi comes off as very “Old fashioned” in interviews. Like Laura Bush sort of way. Nice lady, but kind of in a bubble.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

You would think a generation that's getting more and more nihilistic and apathetic wouldn't give a shit about some women's photo shoot for a pro-wrestling show, something that was probably a Brandi Rhodes invention and has been showcased in BTE already with no issues. Some would call it bad optics. I dunno man. One would only have to look at some of the WWE girls' instagram pages to see something resembling those kind of shots. Does WWE actively encourage this? who knows. I doubt this is a AEW brass scheme or some kind of fan-grab. If the girls want to show off their boobs, let them, I don't care. 

Edited by Rick
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Brandi Rhodes entire IG page is pretty much bikini shoots.  I am not surprised to see her in a bikini. In fact, I'd be more surprised if she wasn't.  Are people really pressed about this? 

What *aren't* people pressed about these days?

• Like 4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

The big thing is whether or not it's compulsory.

For example, if I worked hard on my appearance and I'm proud of how I look, heck yes I'm going to take pictures. My appearance means a lot to me, and whether I post pictures publicly or not, it doesn't change that I took those pictures for myself. I shouldn't be mandated to do so by my employer, though. No matter how proud I may be of my body and how willing I am to show it off on my own time, it shouldn't be a requirement of my employment.

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I don’t mind if they do girls in bikinis photo shoots...

As long as we get a Hunks in Trunks male equivalent.

Am I right guys?

*whistles American males theme as he walks away*

You don't have to look hard to find the Fabulous Ones pictures that get posted every so often.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I could be way off but I'm going to bet that women's wrestling in AEW will be taken seriously.  They will have the opportunity to show what they can do in ring and have good matches and they will have story lines with plenty of air time. I don't foresee bra and panties matches and lingerie pillow fights. 

• Like 1

So if you buy a show on Fite TV, that gives you both the live broadcast and unlimited replays of that show, correct? Because regular PPV is a watch once opportunity? Because it's £14.95 in the UK on both Fite and ITV Box Office.

Presumably AEW does have a DVD/BluRay deal in place as well. But who knows what the release date of a show that hasn't happened yet will be.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

So if you buy a show on Fite TV, that gives you both the live broadcast and unlimited replays of that show, correct? Because regular PPV is a watch once opportunity? Because it's £14.95 in the UK on both Fite and ITV Box Office.

Presumably AEW does have a DVD/BluRay deal in place as well. But who knows what the release date of a show that hasn't happened yet will be.

Correct