DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

17 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I'd be all for AEW bringing in Maria, but Mike Bennett...eh. I guess Bennett could be alright for putting over the likes of Jimmy Havoc, Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Joey Janela, etc. 

I actually think they'd end up back in Impact or ROH.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd be all for AEW bringing in Maria, but Mike Bennett...eh. I guess Bennett could alright for putting over the likes of Jimmy Havoc, Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Joey Janela, etc. 

I could see Bennett jumping Taven at the End of Best In The World to set up a feud between them as they have a history as a pretty successful tag team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

I could see Bennett jumping Taven at the End of Best In The World to set up a feud between them as they have a history as a pretty successful tag team.

Their time as a team was the only time I'd say I kinda liked them. 

Yeah, most likely. And Maria is only useful as a manager, so you'd kinda have to bring in Mike. It's just really weird to see someone say they don't have a problem with AEW bringing in Maria, who's average at best as a manager, but wouldn't like to see Mike Bennett be brought in - who is actually not that bad of a wrestler, he's just not exceptional or anything.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, most likely. And Maria is only useful as a manager, so you'd kinda have to bring in Mike. It's just really weird to see someone say they don't have a problem with AEW bringing in Maria, who's average at best as a manager, but wouldn't like to see Mike Bennett be brought in - who is actually not that bad of a wrestler, he's just not exceptional or anything.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for gorgeous, Greek women.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxB said:

So Fight for the Fallen is in mid July, then All Out is at the end of August. Dk you think that might be the kind of schedule they stick with? Weekly TV, and then PPVs every six to eight weeks, so 7 or 8 a year? Because that would be a good idea.  Leave them wanting more and so forth.

This is basically NXT's schedule and it works great for them.

Bennett never did much for me, but his outings in 205 Live over the past few months have been really good. If he brought that work ethic and had the chance to wrestle people on similar levels he could be interesting to see.

Next to NJPW, what are the biggest/best paying promotions in Japan? Do they tend to have exclusive contracts?

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

I wouldn't get either. I see them back in Impact or ROH.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd be all for AEW bringing in Maria, but Mike Bennett...eh. I guess Bennett could be alright for putting over the likes of Jimmy Havoc, Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Joey Janela, etc. 

I was going to say either them or MLW.   I don't think Maria/Mike Bennett would fit in as well in AEW as those other promotions. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Next to NJPW, what are the biggest/best paying promotions in Japan? Do they tend to have exclusive contracts?

As I understand it, Dragon Gate is number 2 in japan but nowhere near the level of NJPW (so basically like how ROH is right now #2 even though they're no threat to WWE). No idea about exclusive contracts though. 

• Like 2

The gems are just tad much, but ok. I have to say though the belt looked terrible to me in the lighting I saw from the DON pics. It looks so much better in pics like that and what Cody posted.

• Like 2

I'd get Mike and Maria in AEW. That 205 match with Tozawa really won me over on him in terms of effort, and if there's one takeaway from that battle royale it's that they need to fill out the roster with guys who look like professional athletes. I see why it could seem like a TNA move, but only if they try and pass him off as a main eventer or have him beat their prospects like they're jobbers. Or cut a rambling promo about being held back. Just have him as a midcard gatekeeper with something to prove and he's an asset.

Edited by SturmCRF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SturmCRF said:

I'd get Mike and Maria in AEW. [...] I see why it could seem like a TNA move, but only if they try and pass him off as a main eventer or have him beat their prospects like they're jobbers. Or cut a rambling promo about being held back. 

Totally agree, and like Eva I'd take the way they handled Dillinger as a good sign. I mean, that guy is totally a WWE castoff, but he was used appropriately and his presence in the battle royale didn't make anybody else look bad.

12 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Didn't WWE just pay for Mike's rehab? I know creative for them may be lacking, but posting this seems kind of classless given the help the company has given this family.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Say, didn't he use to be Vince Russo?

Shhh...don't speak that name. He's like Freddy Krueger.

...and don't say his name fives times in a mirror, or you summon his black cousin that has a hook hand, fur coat, and is covered in bees

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1