DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

I think my man complaint id that all the ring music for every wrestler sounds the same, nothing stands out to make you say "Aw shit! Thatr Guy is coming!". I literally was waiting for camera to cut to the video sscfeen most of the night to know who was coming out

James

As someone who's been watching a LOT of '96 WCW, that's fine. 

It's not ideal. But it's fine. 

8 hours ago, Archibald said:

I don't get how it protects Omega? He lost the match to Jericho clean and then was again taken out by Moxley.

Omega fought back, and brawled with him toe-to-toe. It took Moxley awhile to finally put him away. Just from the visual of the heated brawl it gave Omega a different, and personal goal, now that he can’t be the first champion. The goal now being to get revenge on the man who viciously attacked him on a very special night for him. Like the attack totally overshadowed his loss. He’ll even have his own Cody Vs. Dustin moment(In the heated battle way, and not the family emotional way) at the next big show, and AEW will have another big match worthy enough to advertise on the PPV bill.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 5

Guest Edwin

Superluchas: AEW is already better than NJPW because they have women's wrestling.

lololololololol

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Omega fought back, and brawled with him toe-to-toe. It took Moxley awhile to finally put him away. Just from the visual of the heated brawl it gave Omega a different, and personal goal, now that he can’t be the first champion. The goal now being to get revenge on the man who viciously attacked him on a very special night for him. Like the attack totally overshadowed his loss. He’ll even have his own Cody Vs. Dustin moment(In the heated battle way, and not the family emotional way) at the next big show, and AEW will have another big match worthy enough to advertise on the PPV bill.

I’m not sure id have run that angle straight away. Moxley vs. Omega. Neither guy needs to lose immediately. 

19 minutes ago, just drew said:

I’m not sure id have run that angle straight away. Moxley vs. Omega. Neither guy needs to lose immediately. 

They practically booked Omega Vs. Jericho months ago prior to getting Ambrose. So they really couldn’t really back away from such a big match up, and let’s face it, Jericho will be the first champ. He needed a strong win, and then Omega needs a distraction until they pull the trigger on Omega getting the belt from him. 

• Like 2

So this technically belongs in the Japan section but I'm also placing it here because it appears these selected "international dates" extend to New Japan which to me shows that the door is open for AEW and NJPW talent exchanges. That would be huge.  

Also, this vignette is fucking great...  

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So this technically belongs in the Japan section but I'm also placing it here because it appears these selected "international dates" extend to New Japan which to me shows that the door is open for AEW and NJPW talent exchanges. That would be huge.  

I was just thinking. These videos by New Japan, and the Jon Moxley Viper Room video popped up right around the same time. Both production crews must have been working closely with one another. They aren’t exactly the same, but they definitely have very similar visuals.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

John Moxley: Knife Pervert II, Hijo del Knife Pervert, or Knife Pervert Jr?

I feel like it's ripping off Switchblade Jay White with all the knife imagery and logo carving.

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

It's probably not a talent exchange and just Moxley having two separate deals like  it's already been established that Jericho has.

I think you're right but it's good that Khan has no issue with them working NJPW; when I heard Khan say "selected indies and international promotions" I was under the impression that there might be a couple places they don't want these guys working. 

There was a story that broke a while ago about New Japan being a place people could still work, and that even Kenny could go there if they wanted him back and that he wanted to go.  I don't know how true that really is but it could mean that New Japan is just too pissy with Kenny to use him right now.

Now in Mexico, I bet they're a lot more restrictive with things.  It's probably a lot bigger deal than Japan.

Edited by Tromatagon

So Fight for the Fallen is in mid July, then All Out is at the end of August. Dk you think that might be the kind of schedule they stick with? Weekly TV, and then PPVs every six to eight weeks, so 7 or 8 a year? Because that would be a good idea.  Leave them wanting more and so forth.

That's what it sounds like with them saying they'll have 3 to 4 $50 PPVs per year and the other big shows would be shorter and cost less and they wouldn't run 12 PPVs per year.

I'm surprised they actually put a BTE up today. That closing faceoff between Janela and Moxley really makes me want to see that match.

Just now, AxB said:

I'm surprised they actually put a BTE up today. That closing faceoff between Janela and Moxley really makes me want to see that match.

Fight for the Fallen?