DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

It sucks that the match is off the PPV, but Page ripping off his clothes, traveling in full gear all the way to the UK, and walking straight in to challenge PAC was excellent.

I could actually have seen them doing a variation on that bit in Vegas, and it would’ve blown the roof off.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

I appreciate what they're doing and I've found it to be incredibly effective. I just hope that they don't go overboard to the point it's blatantly exploiting real emotions and financial constraints like a trashy game show.

I thought they handled the PAC/Page stuff as well as possible beyond a clear apology that they wouldn't be delivering the match the way they promised. So, yeah, if they're in full on denial/protectionist mode, this was the way to do it other than just tacking the match on to the end of the episode.

Love Page's running gag of technology magic. I wonder how much a VCR drawer would've run for in the '90s.

edit: AND ANOTHER THING!... ... Uh... I don't like Kenny Omega with the shorter hair. I'm guessing it and the silver fits in with whatever entrance costume he has planned but I'd take the trashy extensions and braid over this shit. And, yes, it matters!

OH AND ANOTHER ANOTHER THING. Why no Shaq footage?! Hangman attending the fucking TNT presser with the Space Jam water bottle was hilarious tho.

Edited by Oyaji

On 5/20/2019 at 2:38 PM, Tromatagon said:

That Brandon Cutler bit made me feel good, man.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:29 PM, OctopusCinema said:

Brandon Cutler has joined Naomi in the Made Me Cry so I'll Always Like Them Club.

That's so awesome.  The Cutler Brothers were such a PWG staple when I first got into the promotion.  It's so cool to see the Bucks taking care of a friend from the old days.

• Like 1

Yeah man, I used to watch them in the AWS before PWG, so I probably saw them wrestle the Bucks a shitload of times back in the AWS parking lot show days(and finally saw them vs The Bucks vs Generico and London live in PWG).  They had a fun evil GNC employee gimmick.

• Like 1

Saying that he might be the Luchasaurus under the hood is really mean.  Some things you can't take back.

Also I'm kidding, Luchasaurus is actually pretty good since being beheaded in LU.

Edited by Tromatagon

I don't think it's been mentioned, but apparently ITV 4 is likely to air the AEW on TNT show live every week. It won't become official until AEW and TNT decide on a day to run the show (either Tuesday or Wednesday, Meltzer says).

Also:

I don’t know the details but the full-time contracts the talent signed does include a drug testing provision and there are plans to implement a drug testing program

• Thanks 1

Kenny should have followed Cody's lead and went with the unbuttoned jacket. 

Cody looks like he got the lead in TNT's new series, Powder; based on the movie of the same name by convicted child molestor, Victor Salva.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 4

Guest Edwin

Cody looks like he's going to be a speaker at a pyramid scheme conference.

Edited by Edwin

So that was a great show. Some hiccups in production. Alex Marvez continues the tradition of shitty third man. But JR didn’t embarrass himself, and Excalibur carried everybody in the booth. Hopefully they locked Excalibur down. If Vince heard him under good audio quality, he’d sign him away. He made that production sound professional. Overall I loved it. 

I’ll give more of my thoughts later.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3