DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

...And the PPV’s will be avalible on B/R Live. As soon as I get home I’ll check this streaming service out.

Same here.  While having it on Fite would have been nice for the sake of convenience I'm cool with going through B/R Live.

Reading the paragraph on analytics and such it almost seems like something that Fox might have considered doing for WWE.  Probably not as detailed (or good) but if that's what Fox was hinting at then it's neat to see AEW beat them to it.

I'm more comcerned how often their eventual show will be pre-empted for Basketball. I mrean do they use thre spring to take off TVand then come back strong for the summer? I feel like we are going to get a lot of "WWCW pre-empted for Braves Baseball" situations

James

47 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m very fascinated in knowing who’ll be directing AEW’s TV show. Will it be somebody with prior wrestling experience, or somebody from Turner? I’m very open to somebody from a non-wrestling background to see what they’ll do different  in presenting this on television.

I understand the trepidation toward making this a WCW tribute act, but I wouldn't hate if they got some of that crew like Craig Leathers, Neal Pruitt etc. Regardless of how bad the show got, it always looked pretty visually top notch

19 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

It's going to be on B/R Live, Bleacher Report's streaming service, also owned by Turner/Warner

I think I posted this before, but I watched a Phil Mickelson/Tiger Woods one on one golf game with a few buddies on there, and it was the shits. So many people had issues it eventually turned into a "Woodstock is now a free concert!" situation

You know how when WWE replays a big spot, they always go super slow motion for the launch, and most of the fall, but then they speed right back up for the actual landing? Slow mo replays of actual bump taking would differentiate this show right away.

• Like 3

Malls ain't what they used to be. They'd be lucky to find one with a Sbarro. More like some dude selling old ladies CBD to cure their arthritis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is great now that it’s officially official, but I have to say I’m surprised by the lack of details. Weren’t they supposed to have a dedicated press conference to go along with the press release? I figured for sure they would say the start date and name of the program today. 

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

You know how when WWE replays a big spot, they always go super slow motion for the launch, and most of the fall, but then they speed right back up for the actual landing? Slow mo replays of actual bump taking would differentiate this show right away.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Malls ain't what they used to be. They'd be lucky to find one with a Sbarro. More like some dude selling old ladies CBD to cure their arthritis.

I’m happy I live in Miami where due to foreign tourists looking to buy cheap clothes, the mall scene still thrives. Sbarro’s, Auntie Anne’s, Pacific Sun Wear, etc... You name it, we probably still have it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

26 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m happy I live in Miami where due to foreign tourists looking to buy cheap clothes, the mall scene still thrives. Sbarro’s, Auntie Anne’s, Pacific Sun Wear, etc... You name it, we probably still have it.

The two malls in my area still seem to be doing alright as well.

Edited by Eivion

Anecdotal, but any time I go on vacation or hiking, I hit up the small town malls for fun, and there are so many that are horrifyingly empty. In Chicago and the suburbs they're still big, but in so many little places that I've been they're relics. It's kinda sad. It might be why I'm looking forward to Stranger Things, because it'll tap into my nostalgia for hanging at the mall.

What were we talking about again? Dick plexes?

• Like 2

Read an official tweet from B/R stating the show will be 49.99 on their streaming service. They need to do an about face quick. A full PPV price is a mistake in this day, and age. Their subs would go up huge if they offered this free with a subscription to their service, or at least a lot lower cost than this. Sure they’ll eat the cost at the start, but they’ll be rewarded in the future.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Far be it for me to criticize anyone's price point, but for me personally that's a bit much considering how much access I already have to content which is cheaper or outright free. Same for watching Starrcast -- I can't imagine paying so much for any of that when there are so many wrestling podcasts and shoots already out there in the wild.

I wish them all the success and I know there's plenty of demand for this. But I'm not eager to part with that kind of money. Day of when everyone's excited and I'm feeling the hype? We'll see how I feel. 

I cannot wait for JR to get fired for pointing out that "none of these fucking pussies were big enough to play college football", then returns as a heel manager with Colt Cabana, who actually played college football. PURE SPORTS BUILD!!!!!!!

If the weekly show is available in Canada, I will probably watch. Not shelling out fifty bucks to watch a PPV though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Kenny doesn't seem like a guy who forgets where he's from. I'm sure him and his boys will work out something. 

I will believe this to be true when I see some of his PCW rivals appearing on AEW television. The Big Sexy Beasts should have been in that battle royale! ?

Not sure where they could air in Canada. Sportsnet isn't taking them because of WWE, TSN has shown zero interest in wrestling since they got rid of WWE, and The Fight Network might take a pass because they own Impact.

6 hours ago, Hagan said:

Unless I'm wildly off, and I don't think I am, that TNT tweet is a call back to Ted Turner calling Vince after buying WCW and telling him "Vince, I'm in the rasslin' business" and Vince replying something along the lines of "I'm in the entertainment business."

It'd help had they be entertaining once in a while...unless he meant entertaining himself.
Oh Lord, I am this slow...that's exactly what he meant.

Give my my rasslin' back.