DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wonder what it would cost AEW to acquire the All In footage from ROH.

Do they really need it for now? By the time the TNT show premieres, they would’ve gotten footage from all the house shows they have scheduled coming up. So for ads, and wrestler highlights they’ll have plenty of footage to use. I could also see Highspots, and PWG agree to letting AEW use their footage too.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wonder what it would cost AEW to acquire the All In footage from ROH.

Considering how bitter ROH is about the whole AEW thing (and that is part of the reason Delirious lost power) a lot

On 5/1/2019 at 8:17 PM, Ziggy said:

Agreed, but even then, there is no reason he should book himself to have the longest match time on a show. He already has longest entrance.

I think Dustin is going to embarrass people like HHH and Undertaker in comparison as the Veteran worker of AEW even with the work he's recently gotten done to address injuries, he's in better physical shape and most importantly ring shape and plus I dont think his ego will get in the way of doing a match he's not capable of or  put himself in a position where he doesn't deliver and work a long match just because he feels like that's what people expect. That said in Dustin goes 25 to 30 mins, I believe it will be  good and not leave feeling like he stole time from other matches. 

We need to get a TV title on Dustin ASAP. A two-hour show with twenty-minute Dustin matches every week? Take all my money now, please.

• Like 5

Considering the financial clout AEW has, acquiring footage from RoH might be as simple as, well, acquiring RoH.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering how bitter ROH is about the whole AEW thing (and that is part of the reason Delirious lost power) a lot

Maybe Tony Khan will take Joe Koff to two dinners at Mendy's.

• Like 1

I would actually take a perverse pleasure in AEW running a "special show" once a month against RAW, the possibilities are endless! On AEW  we kick things off with PAC and Hangman Page talking about beating each other bloody, On RAW, VKM and HHH are  examininging a penis-pump (how will this sinister device figure into this week's show?)

Seven minutes of great action so far on AEW, make that ten minutes, whoops, 13:37. Where the hell is GLF when you actually want him around. Let me rephrase that, I don't actually want him around, I just want him to time matches and get the fuck out of here. Is that selfish? 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Do they really need it for now? By the time the TNT show premieres, they would’ve gotten footage from all the house shows they have scheduled coming up. So for ads, and wrestler highlights they’ll have plenty of footage to use. I could also see Highspots, and PWG agree to letting AEW use their footage too.

Ironic Show Titles! Excaliber calling more than just the action and I think you know what I mean by that; in fact I'm sure you do; drunken homeless people being named Commissioner, Jim Rose and Matt "The Tube" Crowley showing up to throw their ass(es) in da broken glass(es). for no particular reason, it's just sort of what they do. "What Do We Think of Chikara?  We're Going to Eat a Live Mantis in the Ring! Finally, we get  Super Dragon on national TV, protect your beverages, you've been warned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Ironic Show Titles! Excaliber calling more than just the action and I think you know what I mean by that; in fact I'm sure you do; drunken homeless people being named Commissioner, Jim Rose and Matt "The Tube" Crowley showing up to throw their ass(es) in da broken glass(es). for no particular reason, it's just sort of what they do. "What Do We Think of Chikara?  We're Going to Eat a Live Mantis in the Ring! Finally, we get  Super Dragon on national TV, protect your beverages, you've been warned.

I wish I could have had the chance to see the Jim Rose Circus live. I do have the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow, first released on VHS in 1993 and DVD in 2003.

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Finally.. I'm happy they got a deal before WWE's ratings plummet could become an issue. Now let's hope the shows are similarly broadcast like these Road to Double or Nothing shows.

I really like the production values and camera work for the "Road to" videos. It was funny when people here kept pointing to BTE and the quality of those as if that's what we could expect on their weekly TV show.

I will say this, I hope every now and then we see Kenny on the weekly TV talking on his tablet like it's a phone. When watching BTE, I can't tell if that's just a gag or if Kenny really talks on his tablet like it's a phone, but it reminds me of Paul E. and his huge Zack Morris phone.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven't been watching the Road To videos religiously. What are some examples of the best looking stuff they've done? Just so I have a baseline for when I complain later. 

The Cody / Dustin promo is the best example of it in my opinion and (hopefully) what we would have to look forward to in terms of production.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I will say this, I hope every now and then we see Kenny on the weekly TV talking on his tablet like it's a phone. When watching BTE, I can't tell if that's just a gag or if Kenny really talks on his tablet like it's a phone, but it reminds me of Paul E. and his huge Zack Morris phone.

Oh man, a heel manager needs to start using an iPad with a hidden metal plate as a weapon.

Just now, Ultimo Necro said:

The Cody / Dustin promo is the best example of it in my opinion and (hopefully) what we would have to look forward to in terms of production.

So people are getting excited over a video package on the OTT and Impact tier? One where we have to listen to Cody's overwrought style of speech? 

I didn't realize we were that starved for decent content. 

I did really like Cody’s promo, but I’ll admit I haven’t liked everything I’ve seen. I hope this Turner deal means they’ll get some more TV people in on this. Hopefully they use the PPV, these house shows as a practice run before the TNT show.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I'm almost positive the promotion owned by a billionaire football/soccer mogul family will let their television show that's airing on a big cable network have the production values of a YouTube series.

6fe.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm almost positive the promotion owned by a billionaire football/soccer mogul family will let their television show that's airing on a big cable network have the production values of a YouTube series.

6fe.gif

Fair point.

But what evidence is there to suggest there will be episode storytelling? 

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

6fe.gif

The good thing is they will put a ton of money in this at the start, unlike WCW. Which it took like 6 years before Turner gave them the money to put out a quality looking program.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I like the Idea of Pro Wrestling back on TNT. And it seems like Turner as a company 100% percent behind it this time around. TNT is a good look.

It's too early to talk about a second show but I hope somewhere down the line they end up with some kind of show on Saturdays at 6:05pm. 

• Like 1