DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

Per Meltzer - Riho has signed a five match deal.

Mainly - she isn't sure if she wants to move to the US so she is doing this as a trial run

And here we go

Supposedly on TNT

No details beyond that and "They will announce it a hour before upfront presentation"

Basically next Wednesday at 9 AM EST 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jack is made out of rubber, legitimately.  It didn't make TV as bad as it was, but at one of the LU tapings I saw Jack take a superplex from the top to the outside and like four guys were supposed to catch him.  He basically went through the middle of the group and hit the floor.  Nobody even fucking slowed him down.  He basically did this thing where he ran around on his knees to sell the pain, but into the backstage area.  I thought he was absolutely fucked.  He came out and finished the match.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

The inventor of modern lucha libre, the star destroyer, the dragon slayer, the drunken master Jack Evans FROM THE HEAVENS has also signed with AEW

YES! When I read about Angelico's signing, I wanted to post about hoping Jack Evans was next, but I wasn't able to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Jack is made out of rubber, legitimately.  It didn't make TV as bad as it was, but at one of the LU tapings I saw Jack take a superplex from the top to the outside and like four guys were supposed to catch him.  He basically went through the middle of the group and hit the floor.  Nobody even fucking slowed him down.  He basically did this thing where he ran around on his knees to sell the pain, but into the backstage area.  I thought he was absolutely fucked.  He came out and finished the match.

Well. That's horrifying.

To add to this, Ryan Satin is saying it's indeed weekly on TNT. I have no idea how that's going to work during the NBA season, but whatever. 

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

To add to this, Ryan Satin is saying it's indeed weekly on TNT. I have no idea how that's going to work during the NBA season, but whatever. 

If it is only a hour - they can easily be on after an East Coast game (say 10 PM) or be before a West Coast game (which would start at say 10 PM)

Just now, RIPPA said:

If it is only a hour - they can easily be on after an East Coast game (say 10 PM) or be before a West Coast game (which would start at say 10 PM)

That's a good point. Didn't think about it possibly being an hour long. Only an hour seems too short. I was hoping for 90 minutes to 2 hours, but they're also just starting out. Maybe starting out as an hour gives them room to grow.

Having an hour some weeks wouldn’t be a bad thing creatively. Would be a nice way to give the bookers a creative rest. Maybe even having a TV title defended frequently on those nights to entice the fans to watch those shorter episodes. The only bad part is if they had a PPV that past Sunday, and needed a major episode to follow it. They could still always request to be moved to a different night some weeks.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

I remember meeting Evans before a ROH show where he was introducing everyone in the front of the line to his dad, while we waited for does to open. Took pictures with a few people, but insisted his dad be in them too. Was having to Japan to train right after that weekend, and just wanted his dad around before he left.

• Like 4

I would love to see what Turner’s advertising comes up for these shows without the rights to old WCW assets, and footage. Maybe a shadowy silhouette in reverse of the 90’s WCW logo(since I think they could get away legally with that), a narrator saying “18 years ago a television tradition ceased to exist. But now the tradition, and legacy... Has... Returned... To... It’s... Mothership!” Intercut wrestling action in-between “Turner Sports proudly brings you All Elite Wrestling on TNT”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I remember meeting Evans before a ROH show where he was introducing everyone in the front of the line to his dad, while we waited for does to open. Took pictures with a few people, but insisted his dad be in them too. Was having to Japan to train right after that weekend, and just wanted his dad around before he left.

He brought his parents and little brother to the LU tapings and introduced them to fans too.  Got a JACKS DAD and a JACKS MOM chant going and shit.  

• Like 3

Just now, Tromatagon said:

He brought his parents and little brother to the LU tapings and introduced them to fans too.  Got a JACKS DAD and a JACKS MOM chant going and shit.  

Okay, that's legitimately great to learn he was still doing it a decade or so later.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I would love to see what Turner’s advertising comes up for these shows without the rights to old WCW assets, and footage. Maybe a shadowy silhouette in reverse of the 90’s WCW logo(since I think they could get away legally with that), a narrator saying “18 years ago a television tradition ceased to exist. But now the tradition, and legacy... Has... Returned... To... It’s... Mothership!” Intercut wrestling action in-between “Turner Sports proudly brings you All Elite Wrestling on TNT”.

TBS/WCW Saturday Night was the mothership

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

TBS/WCW Saturday Night was the mothership

I know... I know... But it’d be a real cool phrase not to use for marketing purposes, even if technically TBS/Saturday Night was the Mothership.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

So who actually owns the rights to the All In footage? Because presumably Cody & the Bucks (even though RoH produced the broadcast version), but could they use All In clips on an AEW show without NJPW objecting to all the Bullet Club logos all over everything?

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

So who actually owns the rights to the All In footage? Because presumably Cody & the Bucks (even though RoH produced the broadcast version), but could they use All In clips on an AEW show without NJPW objecting to all the Bullet Club logos all over everything?

Last I heard RoH owns it.