DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I fail to see how Cody vs Dustin is the same old shit. I can only conclude that if people are complaining about it elsewhere, then it's because they wanted Cody vs MJF.

To be fair that's what I thought they were going with until BTE from a couple weeks ago.  I hope after DoN they resume the Cody/MJF feud as it was being built up nicely until they changed course.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Why would anyone want them to rush Cody/MJF, anyway?

MJF is a future star and Cody is a current star. Build towards that slowly later. No need to rush that now.

Exactly, yes. And if they don't do the big moment of Cody finally having enough of Mjeff's shit in front of a live audience for the huge pop then this company is doomed. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

Kenny Omega love rises by 15 points for the Utada mention. Made up for the 15 point deduction for that hilariously ill fitting sponsor hat. 

*updates spreadsheet*

Edited by Oyaji

23 hours ago, Web Conn said:

H vs Dave was suppose to be about professional and personal jealously but it came out as Triple H wanting to get his win over Dave. Modern Day HHH feels like WCW Hogan to me, just retconning his older feuds to come up on top.

You're right, but I don't have a huge issue with this. If he must continue wrestling occasionally, then using Triple H as a nostalgia act is the best role for him, and getting wins over other nostalgia acts is no big deal. If he starts going over the young guys on the roster, then we've got a problem.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 2:37 PM, mattdangerously said:

You're right, but I don't have a huge issue with this. If he must continue wrestling occasionally, then using Triple H as a nostalgia act is the best role for him, and getting wins over other nostalgia acts is no big deal. If he starts going over the young guys on the roster, then we've got a problem.

Agreed, but even then, there is no reason he should book himself to have the longest match time on a show. He already has longest entrance.

I think Dustin is going to embarrass people like HHH and Undertaker in comparison as the Veteran worker of AEW even with the work he's recently gotten done to address injuries, he's in better physical shape and most importantly ring shape and plus I dont think his ego will get in the way of doing a match he's not capable of or  put himself in a position where he doesn't deliver and work a long match just because he feels like that's what people expect. That said in Dustin goes 25 to 30 mins, I believe it will be  good and not leave feeling like he stole time from other matches. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Agreed, but even then, there is no reason he should book himself to have the longest match time on a show. He already has longest entrance.

Yeah, that Batista match had no business going longer than 10 minutes.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:33 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I just want Dustin to go back to his old trunks, so we can get a new generation of fans complaining about his ever distracting dick bulge.

”This guy must really love to wrestle.”

The yellow ones especially. If he ever went for a piledriver, he left an indention on his opponents head.

• Haha 2

My wife is going to be so freaking happy for this for...uh...reasons.  But it's funny as we were wondering what he was up to while watching him on LU a couple days ago.

• Haha 1

He's been wrestling pretty much exclusively in Europe since he left LU.

He's a good dude.  I wish him nothing but the best.  One of the absolute nicest wrestlers I've ever met.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 5

Only if you ask.  And by ask I mean threaten legal action.

It's dumb.

They actively tried to cockblock Willie Mack from working recently.

Angelico didn't have to sue to get released though, he was actually released a while ago when he went to Europe.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Thanks 2