DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah holy fuck yes.

It's been almost a year since he wrestled, and he was still goddamn awesome then.

"People chant 'you still got it". Well, I never lost it." Damn right you didn't, Dustin. This video sold me more on AEW then anything else at this point. I know there's not a lot they can do without an actual TV show, but this gave the match actual emotion and a reason to get invested. If this is the kind of thing they will be bringing to their show when it happens, sign me the fuck up

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Have Dustin and Jericho ever done a program?

They had one Superstars match that Jericho raved about when he was champ around 09.

Didn't Jericho/Christian feud with Bookdust?

Edited by Matt D

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I thought about bringing that up, then figured nah...

Thank you @Ace for reading my mind.

It provided the buffer to give the world the glory that was late-stage Goldust.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

They had one Superstars match that Jericho raved about when he was champ around 09.

Didn't Jericho/Christian feud with Bookdust?

Those teams wrestled each other I remember.

I found that Superstars match and its really good

Nothing major but it seems like Peter Avalon vs. Leva Bates for the right to be the Librarian could be a thing that happens unfortunately (though I dig Peter Avalon's performances in these videos a lot). So long as it's 3 minutes it can't be that bad, can it? They also signed flippy dudes tag team Private Party.  They end on a Marty Scurll tease. 

• Like 2

I've got no clue how good/bad Peter Avalon and Leva Bates are in-ring, but I don't have a problem with intergender matches like a lot of people here do so it's whatever to me. If it's a good match, awesome. If it's not, then at the end of the day it's a match for the "rights" to a joke gimmick anyway.

6 minutes ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Read it was unlikely. He’s burnt out and is leaning towards retirement. Loyalty still remains with WWE if he decides to return.

I always thought that while it would have been neat to see him in AEW or wherever he was never going to do that.  He killed himself in deathmatches and all kinds of stuff and made his money at the end.  With Renee still there plus him not living a lavish lifestyle there's no need for him to go anywhere else.  I would hope that he's at least open to doing autograph signings in the future but that won't be anytime soon.