DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I hate @Dolfan in NYC for the videos I just watched trying to figure out that Ambrose/$6 million dollar deal

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I bully him in other ways.   You'll see soon enough.  

Told you so. 

• Haha 2

Guest Edwin
11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What examples have you seen from The Elite that suggest they're going to act in a manner similar to Hogan, Nash, Hall, Michaels, HHH?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCeBhRQr-br1MQhjrDfUE

youngbuckstoosweet-20013990-1280x0.jpg

Hey, you asked...

I've heard the aforementioned Ambrose $6M work less dates rumor, too. And if what they are paying JR is true, then that may not be a stretch.

Edited by Edwin

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Wait, what? How is that even comparable to what Eddie was saying?

Hogan, Nash, Hall, etc. were in it solely for themselves to the detriment of the company. Kenny wanted to be able to work AEW and NJPW, but NJPW wouldn't have it so Kenny stuck with his decision to run with his buddies and try to start something new. 

By his own words, he was supposed to go over Tanahashi in the Dome then put Okada over in MSG on the way out, and he balked because he wanted to work his buddy instead, and when he didn't get his way, he took his ball and left.   How is that not acting a prima donna for not getting his way?

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think a good sign is how much effort Cody and The Bucks have put in to getting other people over before AEW was even an idea. Page, Marty, Flip, etc

One out of three ain't bad. ?

He told the promotion he was leaving, did a clean job to drop the title, and then after he was gone they hotshotted the belt a bit, including putting it on a green guy who wasn't considered to be at the same level. That's obviously exactly the same as Michaels refusing to lose the IC title to Dean Douglas (and Douglas then dropping it to Razor immediately), and anyone who disagrees is clearly biased.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I thought I had read that the budget Khan set was $10 million, and that Tony was kibashing some of the more outrageous asks?  How is Dean at $6M a year a thing?  That's gotta be BS.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

By his own words, he was supposed to go over Tanahashi in the Dome then put Okada over in MSG on the way out, and he balked because he wanted to work his buddy instead, and when he didn't get his way, he took his ball and left.   How is that not acting a prima donna for not getting his way?

He wasn't under contract and chose to sign somewhere else. New Japan decided they didn't want to work with All Elite talent. Unless your argument is that he's not allowed to choose where to work when he's contractually free... No, no it is not acting like a prima Donna in any way, shape, or form.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't follow him on Twitter and the John McClain pic should have been a dead giveaway, but I didn't know TheFightOracle was FrontRowBrian. Makes sense, but that's two people I don't really care for in FRB and Bix.  That said, last time I checked, FRB is more hit than he is miss. Now the details in between that may be a little off (or sometimes way off), but the bar is pretty low anyway.

To be fair, Glory Kickboxing does that as well. They do a show in Ontario and call it Glory (insert number): Los Angeles.  They also do it for shows at the Sears Centre calling it Glory XX: Chicago. 

Ontario is closer to LA than Costa Mesa/Irvine.

That being said, if people wanna bring rasslin' down here, I'm supporting it.

Guest Edwin
4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know what I meant.

Was clearly trolling as I'm bored on my lunch break.

Edited by Edwin

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

He told the promotion he was leaving, did a clean job to drop the title, and then after he was gone they hotshotted the belt a bit, including putting it on a green guy who wasn't considered to be at the same level. That's obviously exactly the same as Michaels refusing to lose the IC title to Dean Douglas (and Douglas then dropping it to Razor immediately), and anyone who disagrees is clearly biased.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

He wasn't under contract and chose to sign somewhere else. New Japan decided they didn't want to work with All Elite talent. Unless your argument is that he's not allowed to choose where to work when he's contractually free... No, no it is not acting like a prima Donna in any way, shape, or form.

Thank you both for this.

33 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm legit curious which one you like?

I got Monopoly money on it being Flip.

And holy shit did this thread explode in a hurry for "News that might not be news after all"  As much as I'd love to chime in on speculation and such I'll just watch from the sidelines.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Wrongly assumed something that wasn't there.
  • Like 1

Claiming Marty and Flip aren't more over because of their association with The Elite is just silly. Marty just had an entire arena chanting for him against Lethal and Taven. There were probably more Villain Club/Villain Enterprises shirts in MSG than any other wrestling shirt. 

If not for The Elite, Flip would be floundering in ROH because Delirious is absolutely terrible at building new talent and character advancement.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I got Monopoly money on it being Flip.

And holy shit did this thread explode in a hurry for "News that might not be news after all"  As much as I'd love to chime in on speculation and such I'll just watch from the sidelines.

I will say that I like Raziel and Craig but hope that they either stick with PMs or just put each other on ignore for a bit.

It's not like it's nasty or anything and I'm not the only person replying to Raziel. I'm not going to put the brother on ignore when he's respectful and isn't a dick.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's not like it's nasty or anything and I'm not the only person replying to Raziel. I'm not going to put the brother on ignore when he's respectful and isn't a dick.

Fair enough.  Sorry about that, I guess with all the talk about assumptions and such I was inadvertently sensing something that might not have been there.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If not for The Elite, Flip would be floundering in ROH because Delirious is absolutely terrible at building new talent and character advancement.

Bully Ray has more to do with Flip being over than the Elite does.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Claiming Marty and Flip aren't more over because of their association with The Elite is just silly. Marty just had an entire arena chanting for him against Lethal and Taven. There were probably more Villain Club/Villain Enterprises shirts in MSG than any other wrestling shirt. 

I didn't mean they weren't more over, they clearly are. I meant their choice of people to get over was lacking.

For the record, I think Flip has a ton of talent, just needs to figure out how to work matches better, which should happen over time. Never been a Marty fan, and I'm not sure there's anything he could do to win me over.

Flip is going to have to retire within the next 5 years or his body is just going to be torn to shreds.

Then again, I thought that about Jeff Hardy and he's like the Jake Roberts of active wrestlers. Nothing is ever going to kill or retire that guy. Motherfucker is going to be like Cable and is just going to hold his body together with telekinesis. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Bully Ray has more to do with Flip being over than the Elite does.

It's a combination of both. I'd say it started with BOOK FLIP, then Flip eliminating Bully Ray from the ALL IN Over Budget Battle Royal to start their feud.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1