DVDVR Message Board

So AEW has a TV deal (aka Rippa stupidly starts another AEW thread)

nofuture

Being skeptical is one thing but this became people just screaming daily "everyone involved in AEW is lying about how good/how credible the TV deals are and co-opted Meltzer is also lying" for reasons that have never been fully articulated coherently.

So...yeah, the people that went ALL IN that the reports of major TV deals or any TV deal at all was bullshit probably need to sit out on discussion for a little while.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

Isn't that FrontRowBrian reporting? If so, then there's a good chance it maybe legit as he's been a credible source in the past.

He also mentioned they want to kickoff in October when WWE starts on FOX.

I'm just hoping they don't have them jump in headfirst into some lame Monday Night War again. I also hope they don't sign everyone to exclusive contracts and they let them continue taking some indy bookings because if not then the indy scene is going to really lack talent for the most part.

6 hours ago, Edwin said:

I'm just hoping they don't have them jump in headfirst into some lame Monday Night War again. I also hope they don't sign everyone to exclusive contracts and they let them continue taking some indy bookings because if not then the indy scene is going to really lack talent for the most part.

At that Chicago convention two weeks ago, The Bucks and Kenny talked about how they want the young talent to continue taking their indie bookings to continue gaining experience.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

DA MUTHA SHIP, DADDY!

If pro wrestling returns to the MUTHA SHIP on Saturday nights again, I will lose my shit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, Oyaji said:

There's also being a dick about it.

10 hours ago, Hagan said:

Being skeptical is one thing but this became people just screaming daily "everyone involved in AEW is lying about how good/how credible the TV deals are and co-opted Meltzer is also lying" for reasons that have never been fully articulated coherently.

So...yeah, the people that went ALL IN that the reports of major TV deals or any TV deal at all was bullshit probably need to sit out on discussion for a little while.

I think this has been my biggest annoyance that I've kept tight lipped about. I always just figured, y'know, these people are going to eat crow once the tv deal does come out. There was just no need for Raziel (sorry buddy, you're not the only one, but it's the one name I can think of) to be a cynical dick about the whole TV deal stuff. It's like they were actively rooting against AEW and I can't even fathom why anyone would be so against something like this to doubt most facets of it.

It doesn't make anyone who was doing this a bad person or anything, but man, before you hit the Submit Reply button, maybe think if you have to add yet another post about how this is a sham, how the TV deal is phony, how this is all a scam by Tony Khan and others, and on and on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

If pro wrestling returns to the MUTHA SHIP on Saturday nights again, I will lose my shit.

The same guy that the tweet is from in the first post said their show is debuting in October, same week as WWE goes to FOX, and they'll be on Tuesday nights. Which I think we've all known about for awhile, with the "Tuesday Night Dynamite" trademark or whatever it was.

• Like 1

I meant to say something about it at the time, but I figured it was 99% going to be on TBS or TNT. It was either WrestleMania week or the week before that Dave or someone else said that AEW was going to have a streaming option and it would be "big." I took that to mean that the broadcasts would air on TBS or TNT and then you could stream it on whatever the hell BR's streaming service is and then for PPVs, those would land probably on HBO or Showtime and you could stream those on demand from HBO Go/Now or the Showtime app.

I've read that their monthly big shows, if they don't go on HBO (and they're seemingly out of the sports business now) would go on Bleacher Report Live since you can buy individual events instead of it being a subscription streaming service. It's basically just iPPV, really.

If they're keeping all of their content on Warner/Turner services, I doubt anything will end up on Showtime.