DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

18 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Alicia Fox is right up there with Brutus Beefcake for longest WWF/E runs without a single memorable moment.  

time to give her an interview show called "The FOX Network" so Bayley can throw Sasha through the window Sasha can dive through the window to escape Bayley

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

She also wasn’t fired for wrestling drunk. Apparently she has photos of Vince with a donkey or something.

They went and fired Arn Anderson for it. Which earned her a spot on the shit list.

Since people are citing WM35 for the booboo face this was the best video I could find that wasn’t a fan phone video from like a mile away. 

It’s choppy but I think their’s enough here to milk some more speculation and different views of what people are seeing so anyway here goes 

5 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Are those both girls with Boo-Boo Faces there? That is the most fake smiling ever.

This but unironically.

Just look at Bayley and Sasha's eyes in the picture- their eye makeup was visibly ruined and they have huge bags under them, as if they were crying before the picture was taken.

Shit, Billie and Peyton were seen on camera crying in the ring as they held aloft the Women's Tag Titles, and if you looked at that picture and were told "two of those women were on camera crying after their match"...you would not pick the IIconics as the two of them just by their eyes in the picture.

Edited by SorceressKnight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

This but unironically.

Just look at Bayley and Sasha's eyes in the picture- their eye makeup was visibly ruined and they have huge bags under them, as if they were crying before the picture was taken.

Shit, Billie and Peyton were seen on camera crying in the ring as they held aloft the Women's Tag Titles, and if you looked at that picture and were told "two of those women were on camera crying after their match"...you would not pick the IIconics as the two of them just by their eyes in the picture.

Even if they were crying it doesn't legitimize Satin's reporting.  Sasha cries over everything.  They could have shared a moment with their friends prior to the picture being taken.

If we are to believe the report,  that would mean that Sasha and Bayley cried in the locker room and rolled around the floor,  then spent time with The IIconics and took pictures,  then went out and watched Charlotte and Becky and took pictures and THEN went back to the hotel and laid on the floor rolling around AGAIN?  I don't think so. 

Also,  keep in mind this "report" broke a few days after WrestleMania.   If true,  more likely it would have broke that night or the following day.

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

That photo is hardly a smoking gun.

Which one?  They are seen out in the crowd enjoying the WM main event with Becky and Charlotte.  The reporting is saying that they were completely out of hand basically at both WM and then back at the hotel.  There's a lot more evidence pointing to them enjoying themselves, their friends and the show than being out of pocket.  I'm sure they complained and I'm sure they let their voices heard but this reporting is saying they were completely unprofessional and we've seen nothing that shows that. We've seen pictures of them being professional. 

Also,  I posted The IIconics picture because people are claiming in here that they have an issue with Peyton and Billie and that's clearly not the case. Sasha posted congrats on Twitter immediately after the match was over.  This picture shows they were sharing a moment.  Peyton is replying with hearts, what more could you ask for in this horrible age of social media ?

If there's evidence of them being unprofessional I'll be the first to say it.  If they were really causing a scene outside their hotel room I'd be surprised if a beard doesn't have video of it. 

32 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Which one?  They are seen out in the crowd enjoying the WM main event with Becky and Charlotte.  The reporting is saying that they were completely out of hand basically at both WM and then back at the hotel.  There's a lot more evidence pointing to them enjoying themselves, their friends and the show than being out of pocket.  I'm sure they complained and I'm sure they let their voices heard but this reporting is saying they were completely unprofessional and we've seen nothing that shows that. We've seen pictures of them being professional. 

Also,  I posted The IIconics picture because people are claiming in here that they have an issue with Peyton and Billie and that's clearly not the case. Sasha posted congrats on Twitter immediately after the match was over.  This picture shows they were sharing a moment.  Peyton is replying with hearts, what more could you ask for in this horrible age of social media ?

If there's evidence of them being unprofessional I'll be the first to say it.  If they were really causing a scene outside their hotel room I'd be surprised if a beard doesn't have video of it. 

The one with them and the IIconics. Hardly looks like they are being bad sports or showing booboo faces or whatever. Then again, I've never really noticed booboo face or whatever this phenomenon is. I mean if you lose a match, shouldn't you look angry or upset after the fact at least?

But if they were laying on the ground outside the hotel rooms, wouldn't there be surveillance footage of that some schmuck would sell to TMZ?

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The one with them and the IIconics. Hardly looks like they are being bad sports or showing booboo faces or whatever. Then again, I've never really noticed booboo face or whatever this phenomenon is. I mean if you lose a match, shouldn't you look angry or upset after the fact at least?

But if they were laying on the ground outside the hotel rooms, wouldn't there be surveillance footage of that some schmuck would sell to TMZ?

Isnt the booboo face in question that people are bringing up is coming before the match (thus telegraphing the result) not showing just emotion after the fact? 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Isnt the booboo face in question that people are bringing up is coming before the match (thus telegraphing the result) not showing just emotion after the fact? 

Looking at the video, I can't really say it comes off that way with certainty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Yes. When Sasha was coming out at Mania, people in the discord were talking about her booboo face then, but I still didn't see it. Then Bayley came out and I was just... Damn she looks like she's gonna cry.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I watched the Ronda vs. Sasha match again recently and yeah Sasha looked pissed off because she is supposed to be. She cut a promo right before the match about how she wants to teach Ronda respect. Again, she went and trained very hard for that match on her own dime and she had to know her chance of winning was zero percent. But she gave an A effort. 

Maybe people are confusing this "face" with her playing her character?  Or maybe it is confirmation bias.  

People have an interesting view of what constitutes "professional".   Sasha, not professional?  Rusev,  professional? HBK not professional,  Nakamura, professional?  

It seems like the only thing that is consistent here is whether a poster likes the performer. 

• Like 4

Maybe Bayley was emotional about being in a big match at WrestleMania. Last year she was relegated to Kickoff show battle royal garbage. I'd excuse a booboo face for that after they were building up a match with her and Sasha Banks the whole time.

Edited by TheVileOne

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It seems like the only thing that is consistent here is whether a poster likes the performer. 

I dont remember if I wrote that the other day or just thought it. 

And I think that's true not just in this instance but in general. 

That's why I pretty much take all the opinions here (including my own) with a grain of salt. ?

The thing that usually annoys me the most here are the people who treat their opinions as facts. 

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I dont remember if I wrote that the other day or just thought it. 

And I think that's true not just in this instance but in general. 

That's why I pretty much take all the opinions here (including my own) with a grain of salt. ?

The thing that usually annoys me the most here are the people who treat their opinions as facts. 

That happens and it's tough when it's something as subjective as pro wrestling. To your first point, many of us have wrestlers who we love and so it's treated like a sports team. At least it makes more sense. If I sit back and think about how I'm actually cheering for jerseys because the players are so interchangeable it actually makes being a fan of a wrestler more logical because it's one individual.  I used to be a big Triple H fan and I remember batting around the order many times on the topic of his career because he was and still is a polarizing figure. When people would say he's a bad pro wrestler and stated it as fact it was difficult to understand because there's no way I could see how anyone could consider him bad, he had a lot of great matches in my eyes. 

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Maybe Bayley was emotional about being in a big match at WrestleMania. Last year she was relegated to Kickoff show battle royal garbage. I'd excuse a booboo face for that after they were building up a match with her and Sasha Banks the whole time.

I noticed they looked annoyed, but I assumed it was at the tube men fucking up during their Mania moment.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

OK now maybe this is getting out of control.

Also, a ton of people wore white and gold at Mania. 

It's lame and all very click baity.

• Like 1

I wonder if the booboo face is in anyway a product of the Kuleshov Effect. I didn't see it with the WM entrance. Of course I've seen Sasha Banks doing it before, but about half the time it is mentioned I don't see it until it's heavily implied it happened and then I can kind of recognize it after the fact. As if the narrative of how we recognize her as a character (character playing a character) lends to how we interpret her performance (as a character...playing a character). To most of us, Sasha isn't Sasha but Mercedez playing the role of Sasha. We see Mercedes as entitled or simply breaking character because she is unable to contain her frustrations. Which she does do and has done. I just think now that we've seen it numerous times we buy into that being a visual and often see it when it isn't the case. 

• Like 1