DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

11 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Yeah, they really took care of their big men back then.

Reveal hidden contents

Cv3S1shWYAACkVO.jpg

ad3ec69a6c28274e9185b721873755c0.jpg

OdditiesWWE_crop_north.jpg?1380119483&w=

Been here less than a minute and you already drained my patience, congrats. I am feeling charitable so I am going to help you form a better argument. 

You could have pointed to the WWF squandering Kurrgan in a comedy gimmick. Something that ended up sending him out of wrestling altogether. Or using Vader poorly during most of 97 and awfully in 98. You could have pointed to Prince Albert or Big Show as a comedy act. Hell you could have used Mark Henry being beat up regularly by a woman. But instead you went for the low hanging fruit of an angle that lasted two months. 

That said, most of them were still used regularly on TV and getting huge PPV royalty checks. 

9 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Oh, please. If Harper was on TV right now doing some stupid Vince shit there would be no end to the bitching.

There would be bitching about literally everything other than Luke Harper, WWE Champion, just like there's bitching about literally everything other than Sasha Banks, Women's Champion.

There is no shittier online argument than the "people will complain no matter what."

This is actually really easy to disprove. Were people complaining during the Bludgeon Brothers push? I remember that being one of the few things to get consistent praise until Harper was injured. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, D.Z said:

12333333333333333333-600x333.png

This is fake, by the way. There’s another one floating around that appears to be more legit, and still has Sasha listed (and right smack dab in the middle too). You can tell this one is fake by the font for “women’s ladder match”.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Victator said:

You could have pointed to the WWF squandering Kurrgan in a comedy gimmick. Something that ended up sending him out of wrestling altogether. Or using Vader poorly during most of 97 and awfully in 98. You could have pointed to Prince Albert or Big Show as a comedy act. Hell you could have used Mark Henry being beat up regularly by a woman. But instead you went for the low hanging fruit of an angle that lasted two months. 

That said, most of them were still used regularly on TV and getting huge PPV royalty checks. 

Legitimately don't even know what you're trying to say here, since the Kurrgan (well, more Golga) and Henry arguments *were* the ones I used. Did you click the spoiler box?

Please - tell me everything that you know about the size of Akeem's PPV royalty checks.

10 hours ago, Victator said:

There is no shittier online argument than the "people will complain no matter what."

This is actually really easy to disprove. Were people complaining during the Bludgeon Brothers push? I remember that being one of the few things to get consistent praise until Harper was injured. 

I don't think you know what disprove means. People literally complained before Bludgeon Brothers even debuted about their outfits, the mallets, and the gimmick being stupid and corny. It's true that they liked the matches, but that has nothing to do with this conversation. The idea that just putting Luke Harper on TV doing anything at all would make people stop complaining about their use of him is just ridiculous.

And honestly, I'm sorry you don't care for the argument, but you specifically, Vic, are living proof that people will complain no matter what. You don't even watch the shows and you're in the weekly threads complaining every single week. I posted one sarcastic sentence and some pictures and you acted like I pissed in your cornflakes for not going along with your shitty point. You are the prototypical impossible-to-please wrestling fan, ready to Register Your Displeasure On The Internet Within Seconds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2019 at 8:42 AM, MORELOCK said:

I don't think you know what disprove means. People literally complained before Bludgeon Brothers even debuted about their outfits, the mallets, and the gimmick being stupid and corny. It's true that they liked the matches, but that has nothing to do with this conversation. The idea that just putting Luke Harper on TV doing anything at all would make people stop complaining about their use of him is just ridiculous.

I don't recall anyone on the DVDVR complaining about the Bludgeon Brothers. My only gripe was the mallets were never referred to as bludgeons, which they are. The name has a dual meaning. Harper and Rowan can bludgeon you with their fists or they can bludgeon you with the bludgeons. Of course, WWE commentary never acknowledged that. If anything, the Bludgeon Brothers was the best gimmick Rowan and Harper had to work with since the inital Wyatt run. They should have been brought back as a team when they were both able to return.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic