DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

This really started back at WrestleMania 32 where Sasha was clearly the most over and most marketable person in the match and they gave Charlotte the win.  That should have been Sasha's crowning moment. But Vince being Vince he is completely out of touch about what sells.   WWE overall struck gold with the new television contracts and that is going to keep them healthy from a financial standpoint well into the next decade. It's the nature of the current TV climate.  What happens after that is anyone's guess. I could tell you right now XFL is going to fail again and will be a huge waste of money.  Vince's biggest problem is just like CM Punk said.  He'd rather lose money or make way less trying to be right and doing things his way instead of learning from previous mistakes and listening to people who know better than he does. 

• Like 5

If you want to see an American promotion that knows how to book a Women's division so that everyone looks strong and nobody looks weak, watch Impact. It's very good right now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If you want to see an American promotion that knows how to book a Women's division so that everyone looks strong and nobody looks weak, watch Impact. It's very good right now.

That's pretty much been true of Impact's entire lifespan, with a few exception periods.

• Like 3

At the same time, I don't think there's many wrestling fans who haven't seen the Final Deletion, and a lot have seen Delete or Decay as well. I mean, I get it. Most people watch Raw and Smackdown, and NXT. That's six hours a week if you do it live. Add monthly WWE Network special events as well, that's a bellyfull of wrestling right there. 

2 hours ago, AxB said:

At the same time, I don't think there's many wrestling fans who haven't seen the Final Deletion, and a lot have seen Delete or Decay as well. I mean, I get it. Most people watch Raw and Smackdown, and NXT. That's six hours a week if you do it live. Add monthly WWE Network special events as well, that's a bellyfull of wrestling right there. 

And that's if you aren't following ROH and New Japan.

I unfollowed the Impact youtube channel when they had Joey Ryan do the dick spot with Tessa Blanchard. The Allie and Rosemary stuff is garbage Vince Russo would be ashamed to put his name on. They run shows in barns and give "comedy" indy wrestlers time on their shows. Their best stuff tops out at not awful.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:07 PM, Raziel said:

That's pretty much been true of Impact's entire lifespan, with a few exception periods.

Yea even when they were at their worst, The Knockouts have remained a selling point, despite a stumble here or there.

10 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm long past the point of thinking I can sell Impact's appeal to anyone. The brand is so damaged that most people don't want to hear it. 

This is definitely true. I keep hearing good will about impact and that’s cool, good for them. I just can’t bring myself to watch that show anymore. I’m scarred for life.?.  I didn’t follow it for too long,  just a few months around 2012 it think. Thank fuck.  Not even WWE is so terrible that I can just quit the dam thing forever, dead and done. But RIP TNA. That’s what Claire Lynch and *shivers* Aces and Eights can do to a man.

Edited by scatterheart

Aww... you know better than to put things out into the Universe @Dolfan in NYC

Bringing this back because of the update from Meltzer on the radio show this morning

The WWE and Sasha are at an impasse. They want her back but she wants "things to be different" (Dave doesn't know what that "different" is)

But the WWE is more than willing to just let her sit out the rest of her contract if that is what she chooses. But as Dave noted - if she decides to sit out, you can believe they will be adding time to the contract due to time lost for injuries.

Dave figures next week will be the key point as the WWE was planning on putting her in the MITB match, so if she isn't announced for the show (since they are announcing the MITB participants on RAW) then you pretty much know what is happening.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The WWE and Sasha are at an impasse. They want her back but she wants "things to be different" (Dave doesn't know what that "different" is)

All she needs to do is look at her buddies the Revival and see how well that worked out for them. Tag team wrestling was important for like a month, now it's back to business as usual.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Local Man with large collection of fathead wall decals and girlfriend are at an impasse. He wants her back but she wants "things to be different" (He doesn't know what that "different" is)

Changed this slightly into the beginning of an Onion article.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

All she needs to do is look at her buddies the Revival and see how well that worked out for them. Tag team wrestling was important for like a month, now it's back to business as usual.

War/Viking Raiders/Experience squashed the Lucha House Party in a non-match. Usos and Revival got a segment setting up a feud while the tag champs got a little interview time to address the increasing level of competition on Raw. Its not thriving, but it does look like it might be on the upswing if only for the Usos being around and WR debut.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Meanwhile, Roode weathered the storm and kept his mouth shut like a good company man. And look at him now! New facial hair style and a full first name! Everything's coming up Milhouse Bobby Robert! 

• Haha 1